Johanna's Country Market and Paulette's Pantry & Eatery are well-loved, family-run retail and produce shops on the side of Highway 11, just south of Gravenhurst. We are known for our wild blueberries, and we also provide other Ontario fruits and veggies, homemade jam, baked goods and flowers. We have a great team with a very loyal clientele, and we are always looking for the right people to add to our small but growing business.
Our retail assistants are an important part of what makes our stores so special, so we are looking for an enthusiastic team member who likes to interact with customers and has a positive attitude and great work ethic. We will train you on the job duties, so previous experience is preferred but not necessary. This position will last to around the end of September, when the cottage season finishes.
· Greet customers and give them a positive customer experience
· Help customers understand and love our products
· Conduct sales transactions and operate the cash register
· Accept cash, credit card or automatic debit payment
· Tally inventory at the end of the day
· Assist in displaying the merchandise
· Check produce for quality
· Help water and maintain flowers
· Process produce for freezing
This is a seasonal position with the potential for rehire in the summer of 2021.
Contract length: 1.5 months
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Discounted or Free Food
- On-site Parking
We prioritize the safety of our staff and our customers during the coronavirus pandemic. We require our staff to wear masks when interacting with customers and colleagues. We have hand sanitizer and gloves always available to customers, and hands sanitize