KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Provide and maintain a high customer service level and professionalism through the course of the telephone and/or email contact.
- Prepare, fill and send Airport Dispatch Reports for all flights departing on a daily basis
- Answer all calls from travel agents related to bookings for which problems/issues/queries need to be resolved same day
- Assist agencies with seat selection/errors/omissions/misquotes and price matching.
- Analyze and review appeals on decisions taken previously for which travel agents are in disagreement and make necessary recommendation
- Advise travel agencies and/or customers of options on files affected by hurricanes/ IROPS and ensure follow-up
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise which relates to destination representatives and system
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise in destinations with no representatives.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise which relates to the web (pricing & information discrepancies)
- Supply destination representatives with Northbound availability and rates for holiday extensions
- Obtain payment authorizations for modifications and sales at destination
- Follow up with Travel agents and Destination representatives with regard to no-shows
- Make air changes pre and during travel in ARD Web
- Complete all changes related to modifications (cross sell) and addition of payments on files
- Report waivers and favours on a daily basis
- Use established parameters to help resolve issues or problems pre travel
- Ensure all decisions fall within the budgeted guidelines.
- Able to make correct business decision and have a solid understanding of the fine line between
- Customer service and financial impact.
- Establish strong relationships with travel agents, suppliers, hotels, and employees
- Work closely with Operations, Destination Services, Airports, Sales and Reservations.
- Ensure that the company’s image and name is always represented in the most professional and positive manner
- Provide assistance as required by duty officers.
- College degree with a minimum of two (2) years experience in the travel industry
- Ability to work weekends & holidays. Ability to start as early as 4:00 a.m. (with the option of working from home).
- Good judgement and initiative
- Demonstrates autonomy and excellent work organization/methods; must work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in both official languages (English and French)
- Knowledge of Pacific and ARD Web
WHY COME WORK FOR AIR CANADA VACATIONS?
- Competitive Starting salary of $17.95/hour
- Exciting Travel privileges and discounts after six months of employment
- Eligible for an Annual Incentive Plan
- Incentive of $2,000, $1000 to be paid after 6 month, and another $500 to be paid after 9 months, and $500 to be paid after one year
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Job shadowing and opportunity for growth within the organization
- Comprehensive Group Health insurance
- Access to a Telemedicine platform with online medical consultations
- Company pension plan with employer match
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5000 per year
- Wellness Reimbursement for expenses of up to $300 per year
And many more!
Air Canada Vacations offers an enriching work environment combined with excellent employee programs, an impressive benefits package, competitive incentive plan and a vast opportunity to explore the world with our travel privileges. Air Canada Vacations also offers the opportunity to work from home after 6 months of service!