If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a progressive company committed to changing students’ lives, Robertson the School of New Work is the place for you.
Robertson College Calgary is seeking an Instructor Community Support Worker Program - casual / part-time.
As an industry-driven college, we prepare students for in-demand career opportunities in healthcare, business, and technology. Responsible for providing high-quality education, faculty at Robertson are professionals who are committed to enhancing the student learning experience by sharing their real-world knowledge.
This diploma program is designed to prepare students with the knowledge and skills to provide physical, psychological and social assistance to individuals across the lifespan. Upon graduation, they will be able to provide safe and competent care for those in need and pursue meaningful work in a public or private setting. As the Instructor for the Community Support Worker Program you will provide a positive, high-quality academic environment using appropriate teaching and learning techniques in compliance with Robertson College’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for instructional delivery of an assigned course of study, including facilitating material, communicating with students and evaluating students work.
- Plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instruction and ensure that it meets college and department standards.
- Plan lessons, assignments and tests where applicable.
Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
- Act as a mentor for students by developing action plans to assist students in achieving their goals.
- Motivate students by demonstrating sensitivity for their concerns and actively involving them in online classroom discussions and/or activities.
- Keep up-to-date with, and effectively use, relevant technology and media in classes.
- Perform other duties/participate in special projects as assigned.
Stay informed about changes and innovations in area of expertise.
- Social work diploma / degree
- Human/community service front-line practice experience with unique communities such as new immigrants and refugees, Aboriginal communities and communities serving individuals an asset
- Teaching experience a definite asset.
- Sound knowledge in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates confidence, positivity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks
- Must be dependable, reliable and punctual
- Ability to problem solve and process information
- Team oriented and adaptable
- Demonstrates multicultural sensitivity and awareness
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments on time and accurately with minimal supervision.
Please send your Resume and Cover letter by February 5, 2019
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all who may apply. Contact will be made with those invited for an interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Social Worker: 2 years (Preferred)
- Calgary (Preferred)
- Social Worker (Preferred)