Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. Since 1948, Barkman has sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovation products. We currently have an opportunity in our Operations team for Experienced Concrete Production Workers in our Steinbach plant.
To be successful in this role you will have:
People Skills: You will have a positive attitude, willingness to help co-workers complete tasks, be punctual with a commitment to good attendance and able to work with others to problem solve. Whether it’s at Barkman, on a sports team, youth group or involvement in community activities teamwork is important to achieve goals.
Focus on Quality: You will have an eye for detail and take pride in your workmanship. Barkman takes pride in what we do, therefore a high level of commitment and a can-do attitude towards quality is a vital requirement for this role.
Capacity: You will understand the importance of time management and work ethic towards getting tasks completed to meet production requirements with high quality standards.
Some of the responsibilities for this role may include:
- Operating a machine or equipment that produces pre-cast concrete products
- Mold prepping, rebar cage assembly, troweling and packaging product
- Mold modifications for custom products
- Willingness to be licensed for forklift and overhead cranes if required for department. Previous experience with a forklift or overhead crane is an asset but not a requirement for applying.
- Using various hand tools such as saws and pneumatic tools
- Contributing to ideas on continuous improvement, problem solving and quality
- Focus on maintaining quality workmanship
- Following Safe Work Procedures and safety regulations
- Ability to work in a team and independently on task with minimal supervision
- Ability to work an eight-hour shift, Monday to Friday with shifts ranging in start times between 6:00am and 10:00am
- Flexibility to assist with overtime as needed
- Physical activities include: walking, standing, kneeling, bending, lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, using both arms/hands to operate equipment
- Required to wear hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and a respirator when needed for specific jobs which requires an employee to be clean shaven
To be successful in this role you will:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset but not a requirement, experience with concrete and formwork in the construction industry is also an asset
- Ability to effectively read blueprints
- average to excellent carpentry experience
- Mechanical aptitude is an asset
- Basic computer knowledge: e-mail and basic data entry completing such tasks as electronic forms or data for tracking production information
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Basic concrete/precast knowledge an asset
- Strong leadership skills
Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Hiring will occur throughout the year as required. Please submit your resume:
In person: 152 Brandt Street, Steinbach, office hours 8:00am to 5:00pm
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time