DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager supports the Executive Housekeeper and ensures the overall cleanliness of the hotel and surrounds are maintained as per the hotel's standards (as outlined in the property’s Rooms Management System) in the most cost effective and productive manner. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is also responsible to oversee the Housekeeping operation in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Maintain and implement as necessary the Absolute Care Rooms Operation Management System. To include as a minimum Exterior Appearance, Housekeeping, Lobby, Meeting Rooms and Health & Fitness clubs.
- Maintain a high level of guest service and ensure rapid and professional response to all guest requests.
- Work with the contracted companies to ensure the correct levels of labour are available to properly maintain Pan Pacific cleaning standards. Ensure the most economical use of contractor resources to effect reduced overall labour costs without unduly affecting the quality of guest services.
- Ensure all Pan Pacific Associates and contractors are educated in their respective roles and receive continued development in their respective career path.
- Maintain and ensure the protection of all hotel assets including guest supplies, linens, uniform control and other hotel assets. Conducts regular inventories of all hotel assets and keeps storerooms in tidy conditions.
- Implement and maintain an environmental friendly approach to all aspects of the Housekeeping department.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance for all equipment used in the Housekeeping Department.
- Work with the Executive Housekeeper to continually discuss and seek new and better ways to affect cost savings, improved revenues or improved services.
- Ensure a conducive and happy working environment for all Associates. Using positive communication to motivate the team, provide forward thinking leadership, and develop the team.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper in conducting Performance Reviews (90 Day and Annual) for all Pan Pacific Associates to ensure appropriate developmental plans are created and deployed.
- Ensure the overall health, safety and well being of Associates and guests alike in the performance of cleaning and maintaining the hotel/resort. Ensure compliance with WSBC regulations, MSDS sheets, etc.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills and excellent observational skills
- Friendly and enthusiastic manner, great sense of cooperation and team work
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Housekeeping Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Whistler, BC (Required)