Gateway Mechanical Services is western Canada’s industry leader for commercial and industrial heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems. With 19 local branches, a modern fleet of service vehicles and over 300 employees, Gateway is committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
We have a saying “With Gateway, it’s personal”.
That means we go the extra mile when others won’t. We find solutions when others can’t. We do whatever it takes to get the job done right the first time because that’s how it should always be done.
The Purchase Order Administrator (POA) is responsible for participating in the procurement lifecycle, with a primary focus on the creation and “receiving” of Purchase Orders for Gateway’s Operations Department in Gateway’s ERP System. The POA performs a highly transactional role where attention to detail is paramount. Other tasks include resolving issues pertaining to material defects, invoice discrepancies as well as delivery timelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered.
- Receiving and processing invoices into the ERP System on an as needed basis (typ. daily but weekly at minimum), while adjusting POs accordingly
- Communication with Vendors and Accounts Payable and other internal stakeholders to coordinate and resolve invoicing and/or PO discrepancies
- Compile data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered.
- Frequent communication with Field Technicians in a time sensitive environment with a patient empathetic mindset
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions.
- Monitoring & Controlling of Promise Dates (ETA’s) in Gateway’s internal ERP System
- Communicate all delays or variances of inbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments or conduct negotiations as necessary.
- Performing Stock Transfers from Gateway’s inventory to Service Work Orders
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Creation of reports as required by department or senior management
- Participate in the identification of areas of improvement and standardization
- Ongoing updates to the ERP system as required
- Cross functional training as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- 1-3 years' experience with Supply Chain Management – preferably with a focus on Purchasing / Procurement
- Post Secondary Education in Supply Chain Management is an asset.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Construction Contracts (with CCDC and CCA Standard Contracts experience specifically) being an asset
- Demonstrated positive relationships with internal/external customers.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions.
- Risk assessment skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with diverse stakeholders
- A strong understanding of accounting and procurement concepts and how they relate to purchasing and receiving.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team-based environment.
- Willingness to cross-train and / or train others.
- Positive attitude and a desire for continuous improvement for self and the organization
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Exceptional communication ability, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Superior time-management skills including the ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Possess strong capacity to work with deadlines and meet them
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to take on new challenges
- Ethical procurement skills
- High level of integrity and customer focus
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, with emphasis in a “One Team” oriented environment.