TUTOR DOCTOR is currently hiring for the school year.
This is a flexible, part time job opportunity that is most ideal for weekends and weekday evenings. Please see below for more details. We are currently not hiring for online tutoring.
Who we are and what we do
We provide one-to-one tutoring services in the student’s home and we help students with all subjects from Kindergarten to University levels including Math, French, English and the Sciences. Sessions are usually 60-90mins long in duration.
As is our new normal now, we would have certain COVID precautions in place such as masks, safe distancing, sanitized surfaces etc. Also, tutors will be working with the same student(s) each week.
We know everyone has a busy schedule so we like to keep things flexible. Tutors select their own students and hours of work from a list of current students based on location and availability. We provide tutors with a great support system and a range of optional resources to help them have effective sessions. We also pre-screen every family we work with, to ensure a positive experience each time. Tutors are welcome to work with multiple students depending on their availability.
This is a great part-time opportunity, particularly if you are looking for work in the evenings and on weekends.
Please feel free to learn more about us at www.tutordoctor.com or you can speak directly with Lina at 18778696761 to gain more information.
We are looking to hire tutors from the London, Komoka, Strathroy, Ingersoll, Woodstock areas who demonstrate a strong interest in helping in any subject at the Elementary and High School level, including Math, English, French and the Sciences.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Valid Drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle (preferred)
- Certified or retired teachers, student teachers, EAs, etc.
- University/College students, graduates, or post-graduates
- Previous experience working with special needs (an asset)
- Previous tutoring or teaching experience in the subject area
We are looking for candidates who exhibit:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Punctuality and Reliability
- Flexibility and creativity
- Basic computer skills
- Part-time, contract
- Hours per week vary depending on each students’ needs and the tutor’s availability
- Most tutoring sessions occur in the evenings & on weekends
- Preference for tutors who can commit for the school year or semester
- Compensation generally ranges from a base rate of $18-22/hr depending on educational qualifications and work experience. Rate premiums may apply based on distance.
Part-time hours: 5-15 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
All students and tutors will be following safe distancing protocols, wearing masks, sanitized surfaces etc.
- What is your postal code?
- Please mention the subjects you are looking to tutor, and at what grade levels?
(For example, Math 1-12 or English 5-12)
- Will you be driving to the tutoring sessions or taking the bus? Accordingly we will map students in a comfortable commuting distance.
- Will you be able to commit to tutoring in London at least until the end of June? (in-person, as long as no lockdowns are in place)
- teaching/tutoring: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place