Full-time applicants only - We are looking to offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for a Professional Security Patrol.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Uniforms | Health | Dental | Optical | Life | Paid Sick Days | Vacations | Attendance Bonus | Employee Shares Options Plan
- You will conduct security patrols at Intelligarde sites, providing a deterrence to any criminal activity while at the same time being visible to anyone who requires your assistance. By patrolling the property, you will also be keeping a keen watch for liability risks as well as health & safety risks.
- Respond to security and fire alarms in Intelligarde vehicle
- You will monitor and patrol assigned areas of the property and the surrounding grounds through vehicle and/or physical patrols as well as by operating various security systems.
- Observe, investigate, and act on possible breaches of security, criminal code violations, fire and safety hazards, and malfunction of utilities, machinery or equipment.
- Inform key stakeholders in the event of security, fire or health emergencies. You will operate fire alarm and safety systems, make announcements over the public address system, and assist in evacuation procedures. You will also escorts designated authorities, police, fire and EMS personnel to emergency locations.
- Provide security for VIPs, protocol functions, demonstrations, labour disruptions, and special events.
- Conduct open-up and facility lock-down and security testing.
- Screen unauthorized persons/staff and may be required to escort and/or physically remove offenders and trespassers from the property. You will also legally arrest individuals as required and surrender them to Police as soon as possible in accordance with Section 494 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Assist in the movement of crowds, visitors, employees and VIPs.
- Record and maintain memo book and/or log book of daily activities, unusual or special occurrences, and issuance of equipment.
- Receive and professionally record complaints using the tools available to you (i.e. camera, CCTV, security electronics, etc.), conduct investigations, prepare incidents reports and conduct follow up investigations.
- Conduct investigations and testify at court proceedings as required.
- Provide access to authorized visitors i.e. contractors, guests.
- Administer basic first aid and emergency CPR and/or operating automated external defibrillator.
- Apply bylaws and various Acts, Codes and City policies such as the Trespass to Property Act and the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Resolve conflict situations including complaints and disputes.
- Comply with all applicable requirements contained in the Private Security and Investigative Service Act.
- Able to work with people positively in a fast paced, high expectation environment.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- The discipline to demonstrate tact, discretion & professionalism at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed and meticulous record keeping ability
- Keen observation, attentiveness and alert situational awareness
- Drive to start and finish tasks that are given to you
- Professional physical deportment
- Decision Making, Common Sense and exceptional judgement
- Understand that you will be working in an environment where we will expect you to speak and behave professionally so as not to cause offence to people or reveal private information.
- Must hold a valid security guard license issued by the Ontario Ministry of Community and Correctional Services
- Ontario Class G or G2 Driver's Licence
- 1 year or more related concierge and/or patrol experience
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills
- Experience in key/access control and CCTV camera use
About our Company:
Intelligarde International Inc. is a Canadian-owned and operated security company in continuous operation since 1982. Our business is and always has been to provide the most reliable service in the industry. We have maintained our highly respected status for decades due to our unique ability to focus solely on our clients’ needs. Fueled by our innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we are able to “turn on a dime” for our clientele where others simply cannot.
We currently operate offices in Toronto, Hamilton and Winnipeg with over 20 corporate staff members. We also are known for providing approachable and accountable guards with excellent English and French communication skills for shopping malls, retail stores, office buildings and Business Improvement Areas. No other security company in Canada provides the same quality of training and system of accountability as we do.
From High Profile, Corporate and Concierge uniformed security personnel, to private investigators, CPTED Audits and Risk Assessments, Intelligarde® is a full service security company that focuses on quality and customer satisfaction.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Mississauga (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR (Preferred)
- Smart Serve (Preferred)
- Ontario Security Guard Licence (Required)
- Ontario Class G or G2 Driver's Licence (Required)