With your experience and drive you will lead the development of an industry-first, data driven, customer centric, IIoT project backed by world class software, as well as the roles of
- Analyst/Architect – work closely with stakeholders and team members to gather, understand and translate requirements into elegant solutions
- DevOps – develop, maintain, deploy and support beautiful solutions by following coding and security best-practices in a mixed OS environment
- IT Member – take part in our Agile process, solution design, code-reviews, testing, team-building, continuous learning, 1-on-1 sessions and coaching
You might be a good fit if you identify with the statements below:
- I'm a serious jack-of-all trades who knows how to go the extra mile and get things done.
- I have experience with IoT or IIoT solutions.
- I have experience with SCADA, MODBUS, OPC or other industrial communication and equipment protocols.
- I have experience with PLCs, Embedded PCs, Raspberry Pis or Arduinos.
- I have web development experience including, HTML5/CSS/ECMA, responsive web design, service workers and web components.
- I have DB design and administration experience with one of the following: MySQL/Cassandra or MSSQL as well as NoSQL.
- I craft the most elegant SQL or T-SQL statements you have ever seen.
- I have used a message queuing architecture like MQTT.
- I have python and other scripting language experience.
- I have linux development and administration experience.
- I have experience with cloud platforms like AWS, DigitalOcean, Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace, etc.
- I have a passion for crafting quality solutions.
- I can think on my feet, outside the box and sometimes on the run.
- I love working in a team, adapting to rapidly changing requirements and slinging jokes.
- I never stop learning, experimenting, searching.
- Pressure, what pressure?
- I have never written code without using source control.
- I have three (3) or more years’ experience and a post-secondary Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field.
- My microwave is controlled by my smart phone
Steelway Building Systems is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the job posting process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent