Position: Commercial Print Coordinator
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Division: Eastern Operations Centre
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
The Postmedia Advertising Department has an immediate opening for a Commercial Print Coordinator. This position is a full-time position, located in Ottawa and reporting to the Advertising Operations Manager. The Commercial Print Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating commercial print jobs for the sales teams at various Postmedia properties.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Media Sales Consultants to execute our clients’ commercial print jobs
- Book, schedule commercial print jobs
- Work closely with design team and coordinators to ensure specifications are met
- Coordinate with Media Sales Consultants to ensure creative is provided t in a timely manner
- Work with Sales Team and offer suggestions and solutions to meet budgets and deadlines
- Tracking projects and ensuring key dates are met
- Ensure all campaigns are invoiced/billed correctly
- When faced with challenges, exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action
- Report problems and discrepancies to supervisor
- Answer in-coming telephone calls and emails in a prompt and courteous manner
Who you are:
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of - heatset / coldest web & sheet fed presses
- An understanding of the graphic design process
- Understanding of commercial print processes & finishing equipment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and coordinate multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional partners
- Has energy and drive, takes ownership and pride in their work
- Applies innovative solutions to everyday situations and problems
- Proficient Knowledge of MS Suite and ability to learn new software
- Excellent Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Builds respect and credibility with stakeholders by being service oriented, and demonstrating integrity
- Knowledge of paper stocks is an asset
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume quoting job number 20-004.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2020.
Applications received without a job number quoted will not be considered for this position. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant experience and/or skills are identified on his or her resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted. No follow up calls or emails please. Thank you.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent