Looking to be an integral member of a winning team? Want to experience the excitement of being one of the core personnel to make that location successful?
Then, consider a perpetually expanding company with an employee-centred culture that offers great benefits, bonus and recognition programs, career development, and extensive in-house and outside educational opportunities with tuition reimbursement. Come work at Marks Supply.
We are seeking a motivated, energetic, customer-focused Counter/Inside Sales reps for our Burlington branch.
Copy and paste this link in your browser to watch a 2 min video about Marks Supply and what we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hohmbxMJ7Gs
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist customers, giving excellent service and placing orders accurately in the computer
- Utilize product knowledge to recommend alternatives to customers if their initial request cannot be met; up sell whenever possible
- Research special Non-stock requirements with suppliers or other branches including pricing, lead times, freight costs, minimum buy etc.
- Assist Outside Sales staff with information regarding customer purchase orders and product or pricing information as needed; working as a team to accomplish department and company objectives
- Participate in continuous product training to maintain thorough knowledge of the industry
- Maintain daily the Call When Complete queue to ensure on-time delivery of required product Work with shipping/receiving to ensure product is shipped and received as required
- Communicate with Purchasing to ensure they are up to date with time requirements of orders, and alerting them of large orders that may deplete inventory
- Participate in the yearly inventory count
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years plumbing, PVF and mechanical experience with demonstrated product knowledge
- HVAC experience/product knowledge a definite asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers and customers
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively prioritize tasks and maintain an abundance of paperwork
- Good working knowledge of all areas of the Eclipse system
- Ability to utilize standard office equipment, including computer, phone, copy machine, fax machine
- Ability to meet strategic goals and objectives with little supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high pressure for results
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, analyze the importance of situations and respond appropriately
- Competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package (extended health, dental, disability, life insurance, EAP) after 3 months.
- Bonus program
- Extensive training program and tuition assistance benefits
Job Type: Full-time
- Counter sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Plumbing knowledge: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Burlington (Preferred)