The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Canada has locations in Dundas, London, and Peterborough. We maintain three residential homes for our Sisters who require differing levels of care, and we take seriously the desire in us to live in good relationship with our planet and all other life forms in creation. The position will be under the direction of the Support Services Supervisor.
We are looking for a compassionate, hardworking, team player to cover shifts in our Peterborough Residence. The housekeeping duties are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and current applicable legislation and in a manner, which respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, and independence of the Sister. This position is casual and the selected applicant must be willing to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays, to cover vacation and sick time of our Housekeeping Team.
- Keep designated areas clean e.g.- wet/dry mop, vacuum, sweep, dust, empty garbage, clean washrooms, wipe down rails, etc.
- Replenish Supplies as required
- Follow the infection control policies and procedures when handling all clothing and other laundry.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the Sisters and staff, maintaining confidentiality of all information.
- Demonstrate safe behavior in all tasks carried out and identify, report, and correct hazards promptly.
- Contribute ideas and work with Supervisor(s) to promote safe work procedures and control measures to help prevent workplace incidents.
- Participate as a member of the Housekeeping Team and assist other team members as required/requested.
- Must be courteous, friendly, and demonstrate a genuine concern and interest in the well-being of Sisters and other Staff.
- Must have experience following and handling infection control procedures and outbreaks
- Must have the physical capabilities compatible with the physical demands for this position.
- Demonstrated Housekeeping experience in a Healthcare setting with a focus on person-centred care is desired.
- Long-term care or hospital experience considered an asset
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace and are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify Human Resources at the time of interview selection.
This posting will be up until filled. Please address the resume and cover letter to Christa. Thank you.
Although the Congregation is grateful for your interest in working for us only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
- Housekeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)