The RN at Providence Hospital is a Regulated Healthcare Professional under the Regulated Healthcare Professionals Act (Ontario) and is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to meet the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, cultural and social needs of the patient/client. The RN practices in collaboration with other members of the health care team and is accountable and responsible for her/his professional actions and ongoing professional development. The RN uses her/his knowledge, communication, leadership and decision making skills to meet the health needs of patient/clients, and families in Providence Hospital.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario. An undergraduate degree in Nursing is an asset. Nursing experience with the elderly population and persons with long term needs is desirable. Current BCLS certification is mandatory. Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) certificate in specialty area preferred.
- The RN requires a good understanding of Providence Healthcare’s Mission, Philosophy, Vision and Values as well as a good understanding of Nursing’s Philosophy, Goals and Objectives.
- Nursing experience with an older adult population and persons with chronic illness is desirable.
- The RN requires a good knowledge of nursing science including gerontological nursing and the ability to understand, analyze and use the following: The four universal concepts in Nursing’s theoretical framework: nursing, person, health and environment;
- The principles of patient/client centered care e.g., self-determinations, autonomy;
- The nurses professional role and responsibilities;
- The phases of the nursing process including the principles underlying nursing interventions and knowledge of the normal aging process;
- Common and less common symptoms and health conditions related to the area she/he will be working in;
- Categories of individual functioning and transitions during: crisis, acute illness, day-to-day living, restoration, rehabilitation and dying;
- Physical assessment, rehabilitation principles, health maintenance, improvement and promotion;
- Major nursing and health issues including the delivery of health care resource management and the ethical and legislative framework that influence the situations within which RNs and RPNs function;
- Good and effective communication skills with patient/client’s, families and co-workers with right to privacy and confidentiality;
- Leadership concepts and approaches including coaching, facilitation and mentoring;
- The use of research findings and new knowledge in practice;
- Very good attendance record;
- Good performance record.
Reference ID: 871054
Application deadline: 2021-03-31
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $33.56-$48.05 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- palliative care: 1 year (preferred)
- BCLS certification (required)