Are you looking for a career change that will make you feel positive AND make a big difference in the world? A North America-wide company offering environmental consultation to the beauty industry requires 1 full-time Educator and Business Development specialist. This is your chance to flex those sales skills while creating a lasting triple bottom line scenario – planet, people and profit!
As a Certified B Corporation, Green Circle Salons is committed to using Business as a Force for Good! Our focus is on diverting up to 95% of waste from salons and spas throughout North America. Some of the biggest names in beauty are connected with this program, and you’ll help us add even more names to the list of Certified Sustainable brands!
We are looking for a well-connected individual who has the ear and trust of Salon Owners and Managers throughout British Columbia. Candidates must be available to start by September 1st, 2019.
The Educator will execute key growth strategies, tactics and action plans successfully in order to achieve sales targets. Leads will be generated through existing relationships, cold-calling and networking, as well as corporate partnerships. The focus of this role will be achieving monthly/ annual targets, building strong, long-lasting business relationships with Salon Owners & Staff as well as Manufacturers/ Distributor Sales Reps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead generation, detailing and signing on new clients to ensure hitting and/ or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Sustain open communication with Salon Owners and Staff to ensure they are promoting the program in the most effective way possible
- Maintain on-going training and communication with Salon Owners & Staff, Manufacturers and Distributor Sales Reps
- Revisit salons to offer additional support as needed
- Ensure the proper distribution of literature and information
- Troubleshooting issues and addressing questions relating to the program
- Act as a brand ambassador through participation at promotional and media events; workshops with educational institutions & academies; trade shows with Manufacturers and Distributors;
- Ensure the accuracy of the appropriate sales documents & registrations and forward this information to the Director of Sales & Business Development as well as to GCS Corporate Office;
- Protect profit margins by ensuring the sales volumes remain high and that expenses such as travel are controlled at a sufficient level to ensure profits.
- Monitor quarterly sales reports and measure KPI’s (ensuring accuracy of on-board at 3 & 6 months.
- Recommend revisions/ additions to existing sales reports and assist with the development of new reporting tools and marketing materials as required;
- Ensure the accuracy of sales reports as submitted to the Director of Sales
- Proactively identify and share with Senior Management and other Educators opportunities for sales process improvement;
- Ensure the proper distribution of GCS literature, leaflets, sales packages and Welcome Kits;
- Provide bi-weekly feedback during Global Sales Team meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Outgoing personality with a strong focus on customer service and excellent written, verbal & presentation skills
- Good listener capable of managing multiple changing priorities at once
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Extensive knowledge of BC/Yukon geography
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Willing and available to travel out of region/overnight, as needed
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (spreadsheets / word processing)
- Internally motivated with an independent work ethic (work from home or field)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in an outside sales role, or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of the BC beauty industry and market
- Knowledge of Canadian salon/beauty industry
- Competitive salary plus commission (to be discussed at time of 2nd interview)
- Car & phone allowance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Bonus structure
Serious applicants should email cover letter and resume, subject line: Education and Business Development (British Columbia). Applicants should be prepared to interview and begin no later than September 1st, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- English (Preferred)