\*\* This job is located in HAWAI'I, on O'AHU. \*\*
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY. Please only apply if you are intending to relocate to the island of O'AHU. VISA H-1B application will be required.
CLINICAL FELLOWSHIPS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME. Must be willing to go through several rounds of interviewing and reference checks.
Contact: Please DO NOT come to the clinic or reach out to us by phone or e-mail. We ask that you only get in touch with us by replying to this Indeed posting.
We are seeking an energetic Speech-Language Pathologist to be a part of our wonderful pediatric therapy team!
Wake up every workday morning knowing that you are encouraging growth and progress, and making a difference in the quality of life for the 'ohana we serve. The environment we foster at Sprouts is lively and rewarding, and the passion our team holds for pediatrics is evident in the work we do. Our motivated therapists enjoy opportunities to collaborate with each other to create the best care possible, and if this is the kind of workplace you would love to find yourself in, please apply!
Who We Are:
Sprouts Therapy, LLC is a pediatric habilitation program offering intensive occupational, speech, physical and feeding therapy on the island of O'ahu. We provide brain, motor and sensory-based treatment promoting independence, community integration, fine/gross motor skill development, communication and social skill development.
Our therapist-operated clinic employs a brilliant group of individuals committed to providing the highest quality of therapy to children with a variety of disabilities and needs. This fun-loving and supportive team works hard to serve our community and each other, nurturing talents and growth to help both our clients and team succeed.
We provide evaluations and treatment for children of all ages living with the following:
Speech and Language:
Autism, Down Syndrome, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Articulation/Phonological Disorder, Unspecified Developmental Delay of Speech and Language, Mixed Expressive and Receptive Language Disorder, Speech Apraxia, Childhood Aphasia, Expressive Language Disorder, Fluency Disorder, Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder, S/L delay due to hearing loss
Autism, Feeding Difficulties, Dysphagia, Parageusia, Oral Motor Delay
-DIR/Floortime/Play-Base Therapy Approach
-Intensive Intervention Programs
-Integrated Listening Systems
-Sensory Integration Treatment
-Sensory Rich Treatment Environments
-SOS Feeding Approach
- A motivated and proactive self-starter who is comfortable working independently/without direct oversight
- A quick-learning problem solver, who is flexible and adjusts well to change
- An organized multi-tasker with a mastery of time-management and prioritization
- Empathetic to the needs and concerns of clients, demonstrating your commitment to our clinic’s mission and vision
- An individual who enjoys developing relationships with people, children, their families, and team members and supporting our efforts to succeed.
- A morale-building professional with a positive attitude, and works ethically and with integrity.
- Punctual and consistent team player able to arrive to meetings and shifts on time.
- Monitor and assess patient rehabilitative programs
- Convey treatment results and patient progress to relevant parties
- Individual patient evaluations and assessments
- Timely documentation and billing
- Organize and update patient records
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment
The ideal candidate will perform therapy with a play-based approach, incorporating movement and gym activities into their therapy strategies. Experience with SOS Approach to Feeding, Floor-time Approach, Sensory Integration, Primitive Reflexes or other pediatric specialties highly preferred.
- Master’s Degree from an ASHA accredited university
- SLP license Required
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competency from ASHA
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- 1-2 year pediatric experience
- Experience with Autism in a pediatric population a plus
- PROMPT certified preferred
- Experience with AAC devices
- Experience in SOS approach to Feeding (or willing to get certification/training)
For the FULL-time position:
- Tuesday-Saturday schedule
- 35-40 hours of available treatment sessions/week (cancellations will be used for doc time/evaluation write-ups)
- 20 hours are required to be on Saturdays and after 3pm on weekdays
Compensation and Benefits Include:
- Pay rate based on experience
- $1000 relocation expense reimbursement
- Yearly $1000 Continuing Education reimbursement
- Group Health & Vision Insurance- Fully paid by Employer
- Initial application for Hawaii License paid by Employer
\*\*\*To be considered for this position, candidates must answer all screening questions & undergo a background check.\*\*\*\*\*
We look forward to hearing from you!
More information about Sprouts Therapy (include photos & video tour of the clinic) can be found on our website: www.sproutstherapy.com
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Pay: $54.00-$58.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- pediatric: 1 year (preferred)