#19.41 Senior’s Program Coordinator
Part Time (24 hours/wk) – Contract immediately until April 30, 2020.
This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Our Place Society (OPS) is an organization with Christian values and principles. We work as a team to create a nurturing atmosphere of home and family, where all are welcomed. A team approach is critical to living out our mission and values, and to directing our work.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Community Engagement Program Manager, the Seniors Program Coordinator will increase opportunities for those we serve who are 55+ to access programming and through program development, delivery, evaluation and quality assurance. The Seniors Program Coordinator will assess needs and identify community resources for seniors’ program enhancement and development that will be sustainable and empowering to our senior clientele and that will help us foster new partnerships with organizations, individuals, volunteers and professionals who work with Senior citizens in Victoria. The Seniors Program Coordinator will perform a variety of tasks with the senior population of Victoria such as one-on-one meetings, planning and coordinating outings, and advocating for seniors using our services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Senior Clientele Engagement:
Needs Assessment / Environmental Scan:
- Needs assessment will be required annually or to be adapted according to grant.
- Consult with clientele, staff and service providers to assess current senior clientele program needs.
- Assess the senior programming needs identified and determine the role for Our Place.
- Identify existing programs and resources for seniors in the Greater Victoria Area.
- Develop report(s) including recommendations and plans for senior programs and implementation.
- Continue with same programming and adapt to grant specifics.
- Coordinate with the Community Engagement Program Manager and the Volunteer Manager to determine volunteer needs of new programs.
- Develop outcome measurement and evaluate the effectiveness of programming and partnerships and makes recommendations for adjustments as needed.
- Work with other senior centers, outreach services, and seniors around Victoria to adapt programming.
- Works closely with OPS programs and referral programs.
- Ability to work with various outside agencies and health authorities.
- Reporting and appropriate file keeping.
- Support Community Engagement Program Manager and volunteers to deliver senior clientele programs, in accordance with established volunteer management practices.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in related field such as recreation or a combination of education and experience.
- 2 years’ experience in program development, implementation and support, preferably with seniors in the non-profit sector.
- Experience working with those living in poverty and hard-to-house populations is an asset.
- Experience with evaluation, needs assessments and/or other research methods.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local community resources for seniors and senior’s income services.
- Knowledge of current social issues related to poverty.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems as they arise.
- Good interpersonal skills. Must display tact and diplomacy and be a socially sensitive administrator.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to deal with a broad range of professionals.
- Excellent team player.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs.
- Knowledge on the gaps seniors face.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures for housing, advocacy, and other age related issues.
- Part time at 24 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Salary Range: $19.43 - $23.21 per hour.
- Start date as soon as possible.
- Initially a contract position until April 30, 2020.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are invited to submit a covering letter with their resume detailing their related background, experience and qualifications by 4:30 September 1, 2019 by responding to this ad or in person or mail to Our Place Society, Attention: Marion Hoadley, Human Resources Manager, 919 Pandora Ave, Victoria, B.C. V8V 3P4. Please quote “#19.41Senior’s Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.41 to $23.21 /hour