Job title :
SOCIAL WORKER (BSW), KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Are you interested in joining a social work team focused on quality care planning? If so, we have a casual Social Worker position available in Kelowna.
We are looking for someone who is reliable, resourceful, self-starting and authentic to join our supportive and cohesive team. As the Social Worker, you will provide comprehensive assessment, care planning and treatment coordination for designated clients and their families. You will work collaboratively with other health care providers and the multidisciplinary team, including Registered Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Registered Dietitians, Speech-Language Pathologists and Recreation Therapy Workers. This position provides direct psychosocial care, counseling and group work, system navigation and advocacy, education and linkage to relevant specialized complex care resources while facilitating client self-management.
If you have solid clinical skills and this position sounds like a fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Apply Today!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Two years recent related experience in a healthcare setting working with medically complex clients with concurrent disorders, or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Current valid BC driver’s license.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.