Waraich Development Group is looking for a Site Supervisor for a hotel construction project starting in Port Hope, Ontario. The Site Supervisor will direct and control all construction operations related to the project to ensure that it is completed according to plans, specifications, schedules, budgets and contractual commitments.
- Responsible for leading, managing, coordinating, and administering all construction services activities of multiple projects from the bid stage, through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and project close-out.
- Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
- Resolves problems and coordinates the final turnover of the project to management. Provides leadership and assistance to the different trades. Has overall responsibility for project execution.
- Assists with pre-construction, estimates, proposals, and contract formulation. Reviews contract and proposal documents.
- Establishes an appropriate, integrated organizational structure. Defines and communicates roles, responsibilities and authorities to trades to ensure projects are completed in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensures objectives are defined, best practices and lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established.
- Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that change orders, and claims are processed in a timely manner. Implements and maintains a change order management control system.
- Facilitates the development, communication, implementation, update and continual use of Project Schedules and Cost Reports. Reviews Project progress and performance, looks for early warning of deviations from schedules and cost estimates, and identifies corrective actions to be taken. Identifies quality requirements and ensures the proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality commitments. Assesses customer perception of quality on a regular periodic basis.
- Resides on site during construction hours and takes initiative.
- Needs to be extremely knowledgeable in everything related to construction and architectural drawing reading, understanding, and strategizing.
- Need to be on-site in Port Hope, ON
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Architectural Drawing Reading: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Consult blueprints, designs, and client instructions to develop construction plans for your team
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
- Document all costs and ensure that expenses never exceed the construction budget
- Update clients on construction progress through presentations and client meetings
- Other duties as requested