Position: Child Development Supervisor – Level 3
Location: THE CHILD CLUB DAYCARE & OSC, 114 GENESIS DRIVE, STONYPLAIN, T7Z 0G6, 780-591-3344
We are looking for an EXPERIENCED Early Childhood Educator for our daycare
- Fluent in English – both oral and written communication
- MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE in childcare
- Must be currently certified (Level 3 Child Development Supervisor)
- First Aid and Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector.
Job Type: Full-time and Part time available
Required licenses or certifications:
- Child Development Supervisor (Level 3)
- Police Security Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- On-going implementation all relevant policies and procedures of the Daycare.
- Maintain full compliance with of the Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Create a positive and nurturing environment that meets the children’s social, emotional and physical development
- Responsible for planning, maintaining and evaluation of daycare at all times
- Create and implement children programs based on their interests, needs and abilities and facilitate their learning as
they engage in self-directed play in a nurturing and safe environment
- Facilitate appropriate behavior both within staff and children that supports their social-emotional development.
- Maintain on-going developmental records on each child (i.e. written observations & children’s portfolios).
- Ensure on-going supervision that ensures the children’s safety and well-being at all times.
- Carry out personal care routines to meet the needs of each child and use these opportunities to be positive
experiences for the children.
- Communicate effectively all relevant information regarding children, families, the program and health and safety
to staff team and Director
- Maintain communicate with families about their child’s day and share relevant information with parents.
- When appropriate, refer families to the Director when information and support is required to help parents locate
- Report any concerns about children to the Director.
- Ensure all necessary forms are completed accurately in a timely fashion (i.e. time sheets, accident and incident
reports, staff & child attendance records, etc.).
- Assist with and attend family functions that involve the daycare (i.e. Enrollment, parent meetings, holidays)
- Ensure your attendance in on-going staff meetings to address daycare needs that maintain health and wellbeing of
- Be an active participant in the accreditations process.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Maintain current first-aid certification.
- Renew Police Security Check every 3 years.
- Implement appropriate health, safety and hygiene practices based on the center’s policies & procedures. Record
safety inspections and cleaning routines on the checklists provided when this task is designated to you.
- Respond to any health and safety concerns in a timely and appropriate manner, reporting to the Director or person
in charge for follow-up as required.
- Respond to emergencies effectively based on the center’s policies and procedures.
- Use the Accident/Incident Reports to record accidents, illnesses, behavior concerns, etc.
- Inform the Director of any and all accidents and incidents concerning the children and the staff.
- Be aware of the children’s allergies and dietary restrictions
- Supervise children closely at all times, maintaining the required staff-child ratios at all times both indoors and
Professionalism & Professional Development:
- Maintain confidentiality as defined by the center’s Confidentiality Agreement.
- Remain current on child development information and childcare related issues by participating in professional
development or training opportunities and/or by continuing education courses.
- Participate in annual performance appraisals and identify areas for professional growth.
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- DAYCARE: 5 years (Preferred)