Galaxie Brands Corporation is a leading CPG cannabis company in the Hamilton area with a mission to create cannabis brands, products and experiences that consumers love. We innovate, brand and package products that will delight our customers and continue to position us as a leader in the industry. We employ pharma grade production management systems, science, food and branding experts that help us serve our markets across Canada.
We are currently looking for a Production Team lead to join our phenomenal team. Our ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Has minimum 3 year prior experience in a production GMP environment.
- Has at least 1 year experience in a production lead role
- Prior experience in Cannabis, food and or pharmaceuticals would be an asset.
- Excellent communication, time management and flexibility.
- Has reliable transportation to the Puslinch area (Hwy 6 and Concession Rd 8 west area, as the facility is remote and not on a public transportation route.
The production team lead will report to the Production Supervisor. They will be responsible for participating and overseeing the daily production activities in the assigned production area, ensuring the efficient and accurate flow of production. This role will ensure that the quality standards and approved operating procedures are followed at all times, that health and safety compliance is adhered to, and any issues that affect the smooth production of products are identified and resolved or escalated immediately so as not to negatively impact order fulfillment.
- Lead a team in the assigned production area to achieve production goals.
- Engage and motivate team members to ensure they are clear on expectations and outcomes required.
- Assist in training new production staff.
- Assist in the management of shift meetings and team huddles.
- Monitor and enforce health and safety, quality, and adherence to SOP and GMP standards.
- All Cannabis products must be processed and packaged within Health Canada regulations and company procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement ideas and help drive down costs.
- Input data into ERP system and ensure accuracy of data.
- Manage batch documents and ensure compliance on good documentation.
- Setup, operate, clean and troubleshoot equipment used on processing and packaging.
- Clean equipment and rooms in accordance to SOP’s.
- Ability to work flexible shifts should there be a need.
- Other duties as required.
Please note that successful candidates will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check.
Galaxie Brands Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility for all of our employees. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. If contacted for an interview, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
All visitors and employees are required to complete a COVID-19 daily screening, masks and physical distancing is required onsite at all times. COVID-19 protocols are in place of all areas in the facility.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- team lead or supervisor: 1 year (required)