REMCAN is currently recruiting qualified candidates for our 2020 maintenance and construction season!
An interesting fact about REMCAN’s growth in the industry…in 2019 REMCAN hired over 250 new field employees for positions such as labourer, machine operator, safety supervisor and more across CANADA!
If you want to be considered as one of the first new hires for 2020, apply here NOW!
REMCAN Projects LP (REMCAN) is currently hiring qualified Railway Labourers across Canada and is planning ahead for its 2020 Maintenance and Construction Season!
JOB TITLE: Railway Labourers, positions across Canada, Competitive Pay + Benefits!
WHO WE ARE:
REMCAN Projects LP. (REMCAN) is a full-service contractor for the railway industry. Our mission is to deliver safe, cutting edge, and environmentally sustainable maintenance and construction services to railway track owners and operators across Canada. A career in the railway industry is dynamic, challenging, and most importantly, rewarding. If you’re looking for a safe, inclusive, and exciting work environment with excellent opportunities for development and advancement, apply for a job at REMCAN!
JOB TYPE: Full-time.
START DATE: TBD
REPORTING TO: Regional Supervisor
LOCATION: We are hiring for multiple positions available across CANADA
PLEASE NOTE: This job will require travel throughout multiple cities in your province with the possibility of other cities in your part of the country (For example: If you are located in ON, you will be working throughout ON and possibly Eastern Canada).
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
As a Railway Labourer you will work as part of a team performing moderate to heavy physical labour building and maintaining the track and surrounding materials. Duties can include replacing and repairing various track components including rails, railway ties, fences and adjusting the alignment and the surface of the track as well as responding to emergencies and track outages.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of railway industry
- Responsible for various administrative tasks in regard to production reports, timekeeping, etc
- Perform general labour with crew as required
- Responsible to ensure compliance to all REMCAN and customer safety policies and procedures
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Able to produce a driver’s abstract and insurance claims history
- Able to pass pre-employment medical and drug screening
- Must pass e-RailSafe Canada workforce compliance system
- Able to pass all required railway operating rules examinations
- First Aid and WHIMIS are assets
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised as well as in teams
- Able to work all types of shifts as required
- Able to work in various weather conditions all year round (hot & cold)
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote work locations as required
- Maintain REMCAN safety guidelines & policies at all times
WHAT REMCAN PROJECTS HAS TO OFFER:
Between physical labour, heavy machinery, and emergency repairs, railway maintenance and construction can be a tough environment. Which is why, at REMCAN, we look after our crew and take the time to carefully train and prepare you for life on the tracks, with the following additional perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including group RSP with company matching program
- Paid safety and hands-on job training
- Career growth opportunities
- Challenging projects and learning environment
- The opportunity to work with a team where safety is an integral part of our culture
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time