Liberty is determined to make the world a better planet- it's at the core of what we do. We're committed to supporting a more circular economy by finding new and better ways to not only collect and recycle end-of-life tires, but to support innovation and new market development for recycled rubber products. We collect and recycle more than 60% of the nation’s scrap tires, transforming 190 million tires into raw materials for smart, useful products that improve people’s lives.
The Material Handler - Loader Operator under the direction of the Yard Supervisor, will be primarily responsible for operating heavy machinery and equipment to facilitate the loading and unloading of tires and related materials. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the facility, contributing to the recycling and processing of used tires while adhering to environmental regulations and company policies.
- Operate and maintain various types of heavy machinery, such as loaders, forklifts, and skid steers, to handle the movement and storage of tires.
- Safely and efficiently load and unload tires onto trucks, conveyor belts, and other equipment using appropriate machinery.
- Ensure proper use of equipment controls, levers, and attachments while following operational guidelines and safety protocols.
- Perform routine inspections, maintenance, and minor repairs on machinery to ensure optimal performance.
- Sort, segregate, and organize tires based on their condition, size, and type, in accordance with company standards and recycling processes.
- Transport tires within the facility using loaders or forklifts, ensuring they are placed in designated storage areas or processing equipment.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of tires from delivery trucks and other vehicles, ensuring accurate documentation and verification of quantities.
Safety and Compliance:
- Follow all safety procedures and guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), to ensure a safe work environment.
- Adhere to environmental regulations and company policies related to waste management, recycling practices, and proper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Identify and report any equipment malfunctions, safety hazards, or incidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Participate in safety training programs and initiatives to enhance your knowledge and maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Assist other team members in various tasks, such as general cleaning and maintenance of the facility, as needed.
- Collaborate with supervisors, operators, and maintenance personnel to ensure smooth operations and address any issues or concerns promptly.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Previous experience operating heavy machinery, such as loaders or forklifts, in an industrial or construction setting.
- Strong understanding of equipment operation and maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures related to heavy equipment operation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong commitment to safety and efficiency.
- Physical stamina and the ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including standing, bending, and lifting heavy objects.
What Liberty offer’s the right candidate
An amazing team that will quickly become part of your family
A rewarding career
Long term and stable employment
Boot Allowance reimbursement
On-the-Job Training, and opportunity for continued learning
Safety Training, Programs and Committee
Referral Bonus – Earn up to $1,000 for referring someone
Competitive pay that matches your experience and qualifications
_Responsibility for a greener planet
_Liberty Tire Recycling believes that each one of us makes decisions every day that determine the collective impact we have on our communities and the long-term health of our planet. We try to do our part by collecting and recycling discarded tires into useful products that, wherever possible, reduce the consumption of natural resources. We join other conservation advocates in promoting a greener and cleaner world for the benefit of all.
_Support for our employees, safety and product quality
_Liberty Tire Recycling has a long tradition of excellence in employee well-being, safety and product quality. We value our customers’ and employees’ confidence in the quality and safety of our tire collection and recycling processes. We maintain quality control procedures to ensure our plants are operating safely and comply with all industry standards
Continuous Research and Development
Liberty Tire Recycling is always striving to improve and identify new and better ways to RECLAIM, RECYCLE, and REUSE discarded tires. We constantly evaluate our collection and remediation services to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction. We reinvest in our business to support research and development in our production methods, technologies, and product lines to ensure we remain at the cutting-edge of the conservation industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.61-$25.77 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delta, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person