As part of CCG’s second line of defense, the position of Operational Risk Management Analyst will be accountable for supporting the development and maintenance of CCG’s Operational Risk Management program including comprehensive processes for identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring, reporting, and where appropriate, reducing pertinent operational risks at CCG. This role will have a specific focus on CAA Insurance and Echelon Insurance (as subsidiaries owned by CCG). Assist in the development & implementation of ORM infrastructure ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements (i.e. OSFI guidelines) including the championing of skills required to support ORM objectives. In this role you will develop & maintain partnership with select business functions as well as operational areas at all leadership levels. Understand the business objectives & plans in order to consistently align ORM plans with the business strategy. You will have prior experience with ORM regulatory requirements including OSFI’s Guideline for Operational Risk Management OR knowledge of the Insurance &/or Financial Services industry & regulatory environment.
Who we are
As Canada's largest automobile association, we are passionate about keeping our Members safe- whether they are on the road, at home, or travelling abroad. Meeting the diverse needs of our two-million Members requires high performing, forward thinking, and innovative people who work collaboratively to keep propelling our business forward. Life at CAA Club Group is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates' career growth and ongoing professional development- and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results. CAA Club Group (CCG) is known for providing stellar emergency roadside assistance to our motoring Members and non-Members. We work hard and play hard. We're about doing what's right and feeling good about it.
- Develop and maintain partnership with select business functions as well as operational areas at all leadership levels. Understand the business objectives and plans in order to consistently align ORM plans with the business strategy.
- Provide support in the development of the ORM framework, taxonomy, policies, methodologies, standards & tools based on OSFI’s requirements. Ensure communication of these tools to the business to enable adoption
- Ensure that operational risk requirements are implemented and monitored on a timely and comprehensive basis ensuring compliance with OSFI E-21 Operational Risk Management guidelines
- Assist in performing operational risk identification and assessments (including operational risk and control workshops) and ensure that there is an effective monitoring methodology and escalation process in place
- Support the development of operational key risk indicators (KRIs), developing operational risk event reporting, setting quantitative and qualitative risk threshold limits and conducting scenario analysis, trends spotting and KRI benchmarking
- Provide support in enabling effective management of operational risk at the front-line level by training and coaching business partners on operational risk management best practices such as developing policies and guidelines
- Ensure that operational risk management processes are aligned and integrated with ERM processes
Who You Are
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business Administration or related studies
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Industry accreditation (CSC, CIP, FCIP, CRM) would be an asset
- Experience in facilitating projects/programs that involved cross-functional stakeholders
- Prior knowledge/experience in executing a risk-based or controls-based program or framework
- Prior experience with ORM regulatory requirements including OSFI’s Guideline for Operational Risk Management OR knowledge of the Insurance and/or Financial Services industry and regulatory environment
- Prior knowledge/experience of Governance, Risk and Compliance and Controls frameworks
- Flexibility to travel is required between the CCG Thornhill office and the Echelon Mississauga office
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). CAA CCG will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.