Dogwood Ltd. has an immediate opening for a Project Coordinator.
Dogwood Ltd. is a Canadian owned and operated company, specializing in commercial facility management, renovations, tenant improvements and commercial handyman services. Our head office is located in Surrey, BC with branches on Vancouver Island, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Toronto. We service customers all across Canada with our own skilled in-house technicians and a strong network of contractors to complete any job large or small with expertise and prompt service.
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is a supporting role in the project management/estimating team of Dogwood, involving the coordination of project tasks for the commercial and retail construction industry, maintenance and tenant improvements. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
- Send out requests for proposals to subcontractors and tracking all quotes received from subcontractors
- Support the Estimator with gathering pricing for materials.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets to track change orders and progress invoicing throughout the projects and maintain the subcontractor list.
- Create change orders and send them out to subcontractors.
- Submit and track request for information between subcontractors and clients and send out addendums.
- Assist with subcontractor scheduling as required.
- Order materials for projects and coordinate deliveries.
- Help searching for new subcontractors and establish effective relationships with new and existing subcontractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- High-school diploma
- Post-secondary education in a business-related area is an asset
Required Training / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of project coordination experience, preferably in the construction sector
- In-field construction or trades experience is an asset
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge with MS Project an asset
- Ability to read blueprint/construction drawings
- Confident, calm, and highly professional
- Customer-service oriented
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, with a drive and willingness to grow with the company
- Strong organization and time-managing skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please send your resume to us. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dogwood Ltd. offers a competitive compensation package. Our team is made up of self-motivated individuals who thrive on challenge. We are always looking for talented, success-oriented people to join our team. We cultivate teamwork and cooperation. If you would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to receive more information about our company, please visit our website at www.dogwoodltd.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Coordination: 2 years (Required)
- Surrey, BC (Preferred)