PATRIA is currently hiring a CHEF de CUISINE to join our team!
PATRIA is an authentic Spanish tapas eatery on King Street West. Listed as one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants by Toronto Life, our carefully crafted extensive menu features dishes such as delicately prepared crispy jamon croquettes and traditional paellas. Seafood is a staple of Spanish cuisine, and PATRIA showcases an ever-changing selection of only the freshest fish, octopus and shrimp, sourced daily. PATRIA is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand, which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
Reporting to the Corporate Executive Chef, the Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for leading a team and maintaining food quality, consistency, inventory and cost. The ideal candidate would have been in similar role for at least 5 years and have 3 years of management experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain an impeccable kitchen, enforce food safe and safety standards for all staff and the working environment
- Maintain food quality and consistency with a keen eye for detail in regard to food presentation/placement
- Create dishes to perfection according to menu specifications
- Map out and set standards for kitchen organization and align with venue directives
- Work with Corporate Head Chef on menu development and food procurement
- Manage the procurement process for ordering product and inspecting deliveries to ensure product consistency and quality
- Report costing and budget for all food and labor, with the ability to produce detailed reports
- Attend meetings where required and communicate to all staff RE: policies and practices as they align with business practices
- Recruit and maintain staff par levels, schedule accordingly based on business needs
- Train all staff -- food preparation, safety standards and professionalism
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in from scratch kitchen environment for an upscale restaurant
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Cook's trade certification, or equivalent credentials, training and experience are required
- Strong team work abilities
- Proficient at financial controls, food costing and inventories
- Excellent leadership skills
- Must be willing to work all shifts, opens, mids and closes
- Long periods of standing and walking is required
- Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive Wages
- Discounts at all ICONINK Restaurants
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness Rates
- FUN Team and Culture
- Medical/Dental Group Health Benefits
- Training, Development and Education Reimbursement
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
COVID screening process in place for employees; all customers are required to wear a mask; take-out available.
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada and have a valid SIN?
- Are you located in Toronto, On?