Come join our team!
We are looking for a Permanent Full Time Employee for 40 hours a week who is dedicated, hardworking and a team player with a positive attitude.
For the past 40 years, Victor Bernard & Sons and its sister company DBM Inc. have provided unparalleled expertise through a wide range of construction services throughout New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada. Versatile, flexible and lead by a dynamic and multidisciplinary team, DBM and VBS are a plumbing, heating and mechanical contracting companies, working in industrial, commercial and institutional projects, consultants specializing in environmental performance, and in designing and manufacturing of specialized equipment.
If you are ready to join our dynamic team and willing to deliver exceptional service, this position is for you!
What you will do:
- Provide general administrative and clerical support as required to Management and staff of various departments.
- Provide support with invoice preparation by recording and updating financial information; recording and processing customers charges; controlling credit extended to customers using company’s software.
- Miscellaneous clerical tasks. Filing, photocopying, scanning, records keeping, keyboarding/data entry, faxing or emailing, prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails typically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Promptly and courteously answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, and take and relay messages as per company’s telephone standards.
- Greet visitors in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Follow-up with courtesy telephone calls to recent clients.
- Dispatch Assistance - Support to dispatch dept.
What we need:
- Office Administration education or equivalent work-related experience preferably.
- Must be fluently bilingual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great Customer service skills in person or over the phone.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and other proprietary accounting systems.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent knowledge of office practices, procedures and standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to multitask and prioritize in a constant changing environment.
Why work at DBM / VBS?
At DBM & VBS, we are dedicated to helping our employees grow and live strong, healthy lives. We firmly believe in fostering our local talent and helping today’s youth become tomorrow’s skilled workforce We are proud to offer:
- Merit Canada Healthcare Plan – Extended Health and Dental
- Registered Savings Plan with employer contribution.
- Corporate Clothing Program;
- Opportunity to grow professionally through continued training
- And more!
If you are interested in this position, please click the “Apply Now” button or email a cover letter and resume with the position title in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)