Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Finance department in the position of Senior Financial Analyst.
Responsibilities will include processing month-end entries and preparation of account reconciliations for all areas of the Club, assisting with external year-end audits, financial statements, and all other reporting as needed, including MLS reporting. This role will also be responsible for preparing quarterly and annual variance analysis, cash flow projections, assist with forecasting and development of policies and procedures to support processes, as well as other accounting duties and ad hoc special projects as required.
- Oversight of all F&A daily operations including reporting, banking, reconciliation, cash flow management, purchasing and AP/AR processes, all in accordance with company policy/procedure, and other applicable standards and legislation
- Settlement, tracking, internal audit, and reconciliation of all revenue streams, including ticketing, soccer development, licensed merchandise, and sponsor partnerships
- Lead the external year-end audits: preparation and review of the Club’s annual audit financial statements, year-end procedures, audit, annual reports, including notes and working papers, as required for MLS reporting. and liaise with external auditors
- Support the VP Finance in development of the Club’s budget, based on overall Club strategic plans
- Prepare period-end financial statements and provide forecast updates, working collaboratively with Department Managers to support in analyzing variances and implementing corrective measures as needed
- Assist with the Club cash flows forecasting
- Prepare the period-end financial statements and assist in preparing ad-hoc group reporting packages on an as-needed basis
- Utilize data analytics to develop, monitor and improve processes for analyzing financial data and benchmarks to establish cost efficiencies, accountabilities, and effectiveness of services
- Provide data analysis and support which could include financial modeling, business analysis, and business case development
- Standardize and automate processes to improve the accuracy and ease of financial reporting and functions
- Coach & develop reporting team members as well as support and educate other departments’ team members on financial matters as required
- Oversee the preparation and administration of the Club’s regulatory compliance requirements for GST, PST and withholding tax remittances and filings, as well as prepare MLS team financial reporting as required
This is a unique opportunity for candidates with a professional accounting designation, exceptional analytical interpersonal skills coupled with attention to detail and the initiative to work independently as well as collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require qualifications and degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- CPA with 3 to 4 years of audit experience in fast-paced, challenging accounting environment
- Strong technical skills in ASPE and internal controls
- Experience preparing financial statements and notes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with communicating with various levels in the organization (including senior management).
- Ability to build strong relationships with business groups and other finance teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively communicate findings from analytics.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office with highly proficient capabilities in Excel. Experience with Sage Intacct, Sage Intaact Planning, Concur, and Ticketmaster Archtics is an advantage.
- Driven, customer-focused and results-oriented individual
- Ability to independently manage and organize multiple work activities in order to meet or exceed established deadlines and priorities
- Thrives on challenges and consistently looks for innovative more efficient methods of delivering.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to it’s two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role by clicking "Apply" above.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.