The Home Improvement Warehouse Ltd. is currently looking for a full time Production worker to join our door manufacturing team.
This position is full time (40hrs/wk) Monday to Friday with a starting wage of $ 15.00/hr.
- Prehang interior and exterior doors as per work orders.
- Glaze French doors as per work orders.
- Cut and assemble parts for door production.
- Keep the shop and warehouse clean and organized.
- Operate forklifts to load and unload trucks and move product around warehouse.
- Follow receiving procedures for all inventory and supplies entering the facility.
- Report any computer inventory errors to a supervisor.
- Attend Health and Safety meetings and take any training requested by management.
- Use proper material handling techniques to ensure minimal damage to inventory.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for Quality Control. No damaged product is sent out. No damaged product is accepted in.
- Assume other duties as assigned by management.
- Be friendly and courteous to all customers and staff.
- Operate air nail guns and staplers.
- Read tape measure.
- Operate small hand held power tools.
- Operate table saws, mitre saws and other stationary power equipment.
- Operate forklift.
- Understand and follow verbal and written direction.
- Be a team player.
The Home Improvement Warehouse Ltd. is a family owned local business that was founded in 2005. We are one of Calgary’s largest and fastest growing retailers of building supplies. We specialize in supplying doors, mouldings, flooring, cabinets and hardware to consumers and professional contractors.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Power Tools: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Woodworking: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator (Preferred)