*****All applicants must apply for the instructor role via jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions to be considered.*****
Founded in 2002 at Stanford University, Digital Media Academy’s core business is developing and running technology camps and courses for youth at prestigious universities across North America. Digital Media Academy instructors include industry professionals and outstanding technology educators who have a driving passion for inspiring, teaching and mentoring.
We are currently hiring for game design Instructors at our McGill University Summer Camp.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and project-based learning environment where innovation and creativity is key to success. You'll certainly learn just as much as you teach!
About Our Instructor Roles
No need to create a curriculum, we provide it! Just bring your Minecraft and game design expertise. Classes run for one week each, Monday - Friday from 9a - 4:30p. Staff may work multiple weeks and must be available 8:30a - 5p or 5:30p for their assigned weeks.
- Paid, mandatory in-person orientation and location setup: August 2 and 3
- August 5 - 9: Minecraft Game Design
- August 12 - 16: Java Programming with Minecraft
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach key concepts in a variety of formats: hands-on, direct instruction, group work and one-on-one with students
- Utilize DMA provided curriculum and resources, ensuring an organized, fun, and rewarding experience for students
- Teach with passion, structure and expertise while guiding students through the completion of a personal project
- Depending on the size and scope of the class, collaborate with and oversee one or more Assistant Instructors/TA’s who will assist with group project work, one-on-one with students and/or a sub-group of students during the week
- Take part in weekly staff meetings, to occur before and/or after camp on a designated day each week
- Assist with set up before camp starts and classroom turnover at the end of each week as necessary
- Assist with student check in and orientation on Monday mornings
- Must be experienced with Minecraft and be able to teach game design concepts to students ages 9- 12
- Professional classroom teaching or tutoring experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills, patience, flexibility, creativity, & energy
- Eligible to work in Canada without visa/work permit sponsorship by employer
Compensation is commensurate with experience and the Instructor's assigned course. Salary for most courses is $1000 CAD.
How To Apply
Apply online via https://jobs.digitalmediaacademy.org/summer-positions. All applicants must apply online via job website to be considered. Please include a resume and a portfolio link if applicable.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $1,000.00 to $1,100.00 /week
- Java or Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- Minecraft: 1 year (Preferred)
- Montréal, QC (Required)