At Ontario Health, we are committed to developing a strong organizational culture that connects and inspires all team members across the province. Our vision is that together, we will be a leader in health and wellness for all. Our mission is to connect the health system to drive improved and equitable health outcomes, experiences, and value. How we work together is reflected through our five values: integrity, inspiration, tenacity, humility, and care.
What Ontario Health offers:
Achieving your career goals is a priority to us. Benefits of working at Ontario Health may include the following based on employment type:
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision coverage from your first day
- Health care spending account
- Premium defined benefit pension plan
- 3 personal days and 2 float days annually
- Individual contributors start at 3 weeks’ vacation with 4 weeks at 2 yrs.
- Career development opportunities
- A collaborative values-based team culture
- A wellness programs
- A hybrid working model
- Participation in
Communities of Inclusion
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider this opportunity.
The Product Manager is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of the product roadmap. They create and manage the product backlog in an agile SDLC. They provide expertise in user research, strategic business analysis, requirements elicitation and facilitation. They motivate and organize teams to ensure product vision alignment and a thorough understanding of the deliverables. The Product Manager will work closely with Software Development, Quality Assurance, Dev Ops, Experience Design and cross-functional teams at Ontario Health to deliver virtual care solutions.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Actively works directly with product team to ensure the team has the correct roles within the product team and to ensure a consistent approach to executive work assignments. Ensures the team's lines of communication remain open and actively seek feedback to continuously improve team dynamics.
- Identifies interpersonal relationship difficulties and help the team and other department team members transition though difficult situations.
- Develops and is accountable for the backlog and roadmap for a specific product in collaboration with cross-functional teams across OH.
- Assists with the development and identification of product synergies to ensure swift delivery across multiple product portfolios within the organization.
- Develops the best user experiences possible.
- Jointly accountable for the quality of the products and services that are delivered to the customer.
- Engages with both internal and external clients to gain a deeper understanding of their product domain and actively listen to their clients to understand their needs.
- Designs, develops, and leads user research to gain a deeper understanding of the client's needs.
- Champions changes across the team's product management processes to improve the team's lead time.
- Leads the change in the adoption of new product management and agile practices across the team as well as other product teams.
- Anticipates project bottlenecks and blockers in short term and long-term product roadmaps. Works with multiple departments to overcome these challenges.
- Independently engages and actively participates in team discussion with other internal product management teams to recommend product features and changes to product features to improve the user experience, operation, and maintainability of the product.
- Maintains business domain knowledge via interactions with external stakeholders and government organizations. Transfers knowledge to the product team.
- Works with a low level of supervision and has the ability to determine when to escalate broader impacting decisions to management.
- Collaborates with external stakeholders and government agencies with supervision.
- Creates new Ontario Health business paradigms including new processes that are unique in the virtual health space.
- Provides excellent service to internal and external clients by identifying and meeting their needs and building and maintaining positive and effective working relationships.
- Leads by example, demonstrating integrity, creativity, and enthusiasm in achieving results directly.
- Works with the Product Management team in the definition of their Product Vision.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the product and its logical architecture.
- Synthesizes the product vision and high-level business requirements into functional user requirements.
- Conducts User Research to identify and validate customer needs to reduce product development time and costly rework.
- Creates and manages the product backlog by maintaining knowledge of customer needs and industry trends in collaboration with product managers and their roadmaps.
- Leads sprint planning sessions to clarify the details of the sprint items and provide clear and concise acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Acts as the authoritative source for all requirements.
- Elicits requirements using a variety of formats and techniques including interviews, document analysis, workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists and competitive product analysis.
- Leads requirements analysis and verification ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Documents Non-Functional requirements such as security, privacy, legal and maintainability.
- Conducts impact analysis for the product in development to determine impact on internal and external stakeholders and systems.
- Collaborates closely with the Software Development, Quality Assurance, DevOps, and Experience Design teams in an agile fashion.
- Conducts stakeholder analysis and develops communications plan for stakeholders to ensure buy-in and awareness of the product release.
- Makes decisions where results have a critical impact across the organization requiring sophisticated solutions and long-term correction.
Here is what you will need to be successful:
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health-related fields, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience with formal requirements elicitation and analysis techniques.
- 10+ years of experience in a software development environment in an agile environment.
- 10+ years of experience owning and managing product backlog and releases in a matrixed environment.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner and Scrum Master designation is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of multiple agile methodologies and the capability to apply Ha level techniques.
- Excellent Knowledge of documentation tooling such as Confluence Wiki or similar tools.
- Excellent Knowledge of JIRA or similar bug tracking tools.
- Excellent Knowledge of project delivery practices in a matrix environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Process Mapping Techniques.
- Excellent Knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience with healthcare integration projects considered is an asset.
- Knowledge of user centric design and innovation.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects from initiation to completion.
- Expert Knowledge of Business Domain specific to their product area.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to identify and validate customer needs; lead requirements/stakeholder analysis and verification; conduct impact analysis.
- Communication skills, both oral and written to elicit customer requirements; collaborate with other teams; develop a communications plan for stakeholders to ensure buy-in.
- Ability to understand and apply new concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, fact-finding, and interviewing skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to changes to meet organizational and department requirements.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects from initiation to completion.
- Ability to make decisions where results have a critical impact across the organization.
- The capacity to be aware of, control, and express one's emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically within product/project teams, cross-portfolio and external stakeholder interaction, and ministry stakeholders.
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Band: 6
Location: Ontario (currently hybrid; subject to change)
All applicants must be a resident of Ontario to be considered for roles at Ontario Health.
Ontario Health encourages applications from candidates who are First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and urban Indigenous; Francophone; Black and racialized; members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities; trans and nonbinary; and disabled.
We encourage applicants with accessibility needs to notify us if they have any accommodation needs in the application and/or interview process.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If applicants are not fully vaccinated, they will be required to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. Applicants who identify an accommodation need will be required to provide supporting documentation with respect to their need for accommodation when requested by Ontario Health. If no such accommodation is identified, the applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.