Pulp & Paper Supervisor (Local 342)
Canadian Kraft Paper Industries Limited offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. The Production & Transportation Department is a fast paced, multifaceted department and if you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Production Superintendent, the Pulp & Paper Supervisor will perform rotating on-shift responsibilities for the production of Kraft paper including the Fibreline, Finishing Line and Paper Warehouse.
- Supervising approximately 20 employees on shift;
- The quality and production rate of pulp and paper from digesters to finished product;
- Coaching their team to achieve budgetary and quality targets set for the Paper Machine and Fibreline while ensuring the safety of the production teams;
- Scheduling the team members weekly work and training within the three (3) areas of operation within the Production and Transportation Department;
- Managing the production of all grades of pulp and paper produced to achieve or exceed production schedules;
- Monitor the results of paper quality tests and chemical usage rates;
- Communicating with the Steam and Recovery Department to coordinate the steam, liquor and other utilities required for the operation of the Fibreline and machine room accordingly;
- Maintaining training records of team members;
- Providing coverage on emergency basis for other supervisory team members;
- Attending and providing input at Production & Transportation Department meetings as required.
- At least 10 years of paper or pulp mill operations experience;
- High school education or an equivalent of training and experience;
- Post-secondary education in related field an asset;
- Supervisory experience and/or training are considered an asset;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proven decision-making skills.
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we assist our employees prepare for their future. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career. At CKP we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!
Application deadline: 2022-01-23
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- The Pas, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Pulp and Paper: 10 years (required)