P.R. Hotels Ltd. is seeking a highly motivated and organized Human Resources Administrative Coordinator. As a Human Resources Administrative Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in supporting our people and HR function initiatives, ensuring a smooth operation of all HR functions and the overall success of the organization.
The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of HR principles, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Why Is P.R. Hotels Ltd. A Great Place to Work?
P.R. Hotels Ltd. currently has a portfolio of 14 hotel properties that include restaurant and spa operations throughout western Canada and Arizona. We are consistently looking to expand our portfolio and grow our teams. P.R. Hotels Ltd. succeeds because our people love what we do. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so our hotel properties can operate day-to-day, confidently and successfully.
What You’ll Do
The Human Resources Administrative Coordinator is accountable for providing general human resources support as well as general administrative services. The Human Resources Administrative Coordinator will support recruitment-related activities and coordinate organizational events and activities. The HR Administrative Coordinator assists managers in completing the full recruitment cycle for new hires and overseeing employee recognition. The position requires flexibility, professionalism, and the ability to responsibly handle confidential information.
The Human Resources Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the Human Resources Manager and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees' records.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies and assist in screening applicants.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Respond to inquiries from employees regarding personnel matters.
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
What You Need:
- 2 years of administration and/or HR coordinator experience.
- HR Diploma or Certificate is an asset.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Familiar with HRIS systems (e.g. ADP and Paychex).
- Ability to work with applicant tracking software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal people skills.
- Effective conflict resolution strategies.
- A self-starter mentality who is personable and enjoys connecting with people.
- A creative and resourceful mentality for meeting and exceeding deadlines and/or targets.
- A positive and professional attitude with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
What We offer:
- On-the-job training provided.
- Competitive starting wages and a robust group benefits package.
- Accommodated scheduling practices to give team members the optimal work/life balance that suits your needs.
- Professional development training. You can take the training you want/need, and we will satisfy your eagerness to learn and grow with us.
- IHG and Marriott Employee Room Discounts are available for personal travel.
Please submit your resume online on Indeed, or email directlyto [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC V1Y 1V9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human Resources: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person