48North is a vertically-integrated licensed cannabis producer focused on low-cost cultivation, brand, and next-generation cannabis products. 48North operates Good: Farm, the largest organic cannabis farm in the country. At Good: Farm, 48North cultivates organic cannabis at, what is expected to be, the lowest cost per gram in the country. In addition, the company processes and manufactures next-generation cannabis products at Good: House, 48North’s state-of-the-art processing and manufacturing facility located in Brantford, Ontario. And finally, the company operates delshen, a premium indoor craft cannabis facility located in Northern Ontario.
48North has a growing portfolio of brands that include: Mother & Clone, a rapid-acting sublingual cannabis nanospray (momandclone.com); Avitas, a single-strain vaporizer cartridge (avitasgrown.com); Quill, a leader in the manufacturing of beautifully designed, lifestyle-focused and sleek vape products (quill.me); and Latitude, a women's cannabis platform (explorelatitude.com).
48North is a brand built on good choices and good people. We believe that everything we touch, and everything you experience through us, should be innovative, authentic and beautifully crafted. We take pride in what we do and what we know — that cannabis and community gives people the latitude to live well. We are more than just a brand, we are part of a movement towards sustainability, equality, and a stigma-free cannabis future.
48North is recruiting for a Buyer. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
The primary responsibility of the Buyer is to purchase equipment, materials, supplies, and services as required by the various 48N facilities. The buyer will research, evaluate, and purchase products to meet operational requirements. This candidate must be highly motivated, possessing the ability to prioritize tasks quickly within a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous, environment.
This position is full-time and based in Brantford, Ontario.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Purchase raw materials, services, and supplies to support a fast-moving manufacturing environment
- Actively participate in planning and scheduling of production to identify sourcing and procurement requirements
- Coordinate with Production Planning to ensure raw material component availability
- Communicate material shortages, changes in lead time and deliveries
- Expedite orders as required to support production needs
- Expedite/postpone/split PO delivery based on changes in business needs
- Work with Product Development team to ensure successful launch of new products
- Minimize/reduce raw material component excess inventory and disposal due to limited shelf-life
- Responsible for all supplier negotiation of pricing, payment terms and conditions as well as preparation of all PO’s.
- Ensure all invoices are approved within specified limits and work with finance to ensure supplier payments are met within contracted terms
- Continually assess supplier pricing to ensure the companies best interest is being met while maintaining strong supplier relationships
- Monitor on-time inbound delivery, ensuring adherence to vendor performance standards and working to improve as necessary
- Maintain accuracy of relevant data in ERP
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments on-time under a moderate level of pressure
- Willingness to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Attention to detail, mathematical and analytical skills
Education & Qualifications:
- High school diploma required
- A minimum of 2-3 years previous work experience in similar roles
- Experience in the Cannabis industry preferred
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
48North welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for considering employment with 48North, although, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2020-06-19
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- purchasing/ buying: 2 years (Required)