Prairie Veteran Wellness is looking for a Clinical Social Worker, to serve alongside an Integrated team of health professionals. The main priority of this position is to help Veterans and First Responders navigate their way through their transition phase, to access benefits, programs, and to act as their point of contact for their health and social economic requirements.
PVW is dedicated to providing personalized health care services and resources to the Alberta population, with a focus on veterans, first responders and their families.
This position is a contracted service. Successful Candidates will be guided in registering with health insurance providers to direct bill services. Please note that therapists are not PVW employees but independent providers. PVW maintains the highest level of security and privacy protocols to ensure the therapist, individual, and employer information remains confidential.
We offer an above average split to cover the overhead costs, hiring administrators, booking of appointments, advertisement and to build your clientele.
This position is available in our Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta location.
- Masters of Social Work Degree form an accredited School of Social Work
- Current full registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers
- In good standing with your respective college
- Liability insurance
- Criminal/vulnerable person’s check
- Prior post-graduate counseling experience, private practice is an asset
- Excellent reading, writing, and communication skills
- Must be fully fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in English, French would be a bonus.
- Training and experience counselling individuals, families and groups or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Specialized training in substance use and addictions would be an asset.
- Specialized training in PTSD and OSI injury would be an asset.
- Training with Veterans and First Responder an asset
- Knowledge of Veteran Affairs Canada Coverage is an asset
- Knowledge of health insurance coverage is an asset
- Program creation is an asset
- Valid Alberta’s Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Case Management experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of trauma informed practice, attachment theory, loss and grief.
- Comprehensive knowledge with PTSD and OSI injuries
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with all members of a multidisciplinary team in the development of care plans, emotional and behavioral support, crisis intervention, safety plans and transition plans.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and obtain referral resources throughout the service area.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to create a safe and supportive relationship.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote communication and lead to a cooperative approach to problem solving within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Emotional resilience and stability as the work often involves dealing with crises
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Social Work: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19