Starting salary at $15 per hour. Affordable accommodation provided starting at $9.50 per day with one free cafeteria meal every working day. Full benefits coverage after 90 days (Health, Drugs, Vision).
Visit www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great hotel jobs!
As a Server with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding food and beverage offerings make guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet Supervisor, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Anticipate guests' needs while providing information on food and beverage selections
- Take orders and deliver food and beverage items in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintain knowledge of all food and beverage items in order to assist guests with menu selections
- Enhance revenue flow through suggestive selling techniques
- Maintain accurate guest checks, handle cash, make accurate deposits, and balance credit and cash sales at the end of every shift
- Keep restaurant and work areas clean
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Complete opening and closing duties as required
- Complete other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years experience serving in a restaurant
- Must have a sincere desire to exceed guest expectations
- Passion for food and wine with a knowledge of wine service
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 /hour