What is the opportunity?
This position is responsible for assessing mortality or morbidity through a comprehensive risk evaluation process comprised of: health, financial, lifestyle, occupation and personal history within pre-determined authority levels. The incumbent would be in a full production environment. The process is aligned with product pricing, with the mandate of acquiring and maintaining profitable business. Strategic priorities encompassed within the role include providing high quality client service, robust risk structure analysis and providing leadership to junior members of the team.
What will you do?
- Evaluation and selection of risk within assigned authority levels
- Currently possess industry standard senior level Life/LB approval limits
- Ensure competitive underwriting offers are consistently made on a timely basis to RBC clients in order to place business that is consistent with RBC pricing and profitability objectives
- Provide superior technical expertise and guidance in risk selection and product development
- Maintain quality of underwriting decisions in all areas of underwriting as determined through audits
- Assist in the development of underwriters through regular constructive feedback through referrals
- Build and maintain relationships with partners in sales
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 10 years experience in underwriting, with a preference of university degree, related industry designations, and educational credentials
- Actively working (or completed) towards the completion of industry designations (FALU, FLMI, CHS)
- Attend internal educational programs, webinars and attendance to industry events/seminars
- Quality - look for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality
Please note the successful candidate will have the ability to work out of any province.
What's in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity