We’re are currently looking for a Key Account Manager to take care of Walmart accounts with these attributes to join our team!!
What you will do.
This is a key role within the organization that will have the ability to greatly impact the expansion and overall growth plans. Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will be accountable for achieving specific sales targets, market share and profitability goals, supervising contracts, developing sales at Walmart and growing the business.
The Key Account Manager is also responsible for forming strategic selling and account plans, forecasting, prepare sales materials & attending trade shows. In this role you will be responsible for all the full profit and loss of the account.
Role in a little more detail.
- Develop, manage, and nurture Walmart accounts and partnerships to accomplish revenue, profit and volume goals.
- Communicate brand identity internally to sales department, key accounts, and the customer base at large.
- Develop, prepare, and deliver sales materials, deal sheets, new item creation material, retailer ad submissions and other promotional programs.
- Assist Director of Sales in the development of strategic plans for the sales function; administer practices and procedures to enhance operations.
- Reporting internally through a variety of tools (e.g. Retailink) as needed to evaluate and manage the business
- Monitor records and reports – including shipping, receiving, and order fulfilment – to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in annual budget planning; manage trade budget efficiently throughout the fiscal year.
- Work with 3rd party distributor and merchandiser companies to ensure proper execution and service at retail.
- A person who loves to win and hustles to ensure success; you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you don't fade under pressure!
- Detail oriented; you're busy and over-booked, but you manage to do it all, with a smile on your face, and success in the end
- A person of high integrity; you want to get things done while also doing it the right way with a customer-first attitude
- An entrepreneurial thinker and relentless problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can overcome challenges, on-the-fly, in a thoughtful and meaningful way
- Passionate and purposeful; you approach every new challenge with excitement and everything you do has a purpose
- A team player; you understand that this is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need each other to be successful
What you have done to get here.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self esteem
- Good numeracy skills to estimate pricing and calculate margins.
- CPG experience in a similar industry is a MUST!
- Previous experience preferably in business, marketing/ communications role or equivalent sales experience.
- 3-5 years experience in progressive sales and sales account management roles.
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong strategic analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Drivers Licence and access to own vehicle daily.
Monday to Friday (Flexible hours)
Base Salary plus bonus
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Required)