Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa is currently recruiting for the position of 2nd Sous Chef.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
The Sous Chef assists the Executive Sous Chef in managing the food operation of the resort and the areas in which food production and preparation takes place. The Sous Chef assists the Executive Sous Chef to co-ordinate and maximizes the food production and human resources so that the resort’s standards of service and value to guests are achieved and maintained. The Sous Chef contributes to the success of the resort by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the quality, quantity and presentation of all food prepared and cooked meets resort standards for freshness, appearance and consistency.
- Assist in planning of purchases to coincide with production schedules.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef to plan and implement the production of food as per all requirements for all service outlets.
- Ensure adherence to food safety regulations, hygiene, and cleanliness.
- Ensure cleanliness in all food preparation and storage areas and that each member of the kitchen staff maintain the company standards.
- Ability to train new staff on an on-going basis.
- Report all defective equipment to the Engineering Department for repair or replacement.
- Assist in securing and controlling all food stocks used in the kitchen to ensure as little wastage as possible.
- Report to the Executive Sous Chef on anything that requires attention or change with regard to the resort policies and/or standards.
- Assist in the management of all subordinate employees in the kitchens of the resort.
- Ability to deal with stress resulting from daily guest interactions (internal and external), budgetary, and time constraints.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, collective agreement and applicable laws.
- Some key responsibilities include planning, assigning, and monitoring work; addressing employee complaints and grievances, and resolving problems.
- Carry out any and all duties assigned by the Executive Sous Chef.
- Perform any and all other job related tasks assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 2 years comprehensive experience in kitchen management and supervision.
- A diploma/certificate from a recognized technical school or equivalent experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be Red Seal or equally certified.
- Food Safe certified.
- Ability to delegate and supervise a variety of staff to consistently and efficiently produce results.
- Must have strong a la carte experience combined with some banqueting experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as menus, production schedules, and other reports, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in fluent English with different cultures and ensure compliance with standards, rules and regulations.
- First Aid certification is an asset.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to articulate clear standards of performance expected of subordinates.
- Ensure all work done is on time and meets agreed standards.
- Harmony and good working relationships among all associates.
- Achievement of food and labour cost.
- Contributes to customer service by demonstrating a willingness to meet individual customer needs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word programs).
- Being multi lingual is an asset, preferably Mandarin speaking.
- Flexible to a changing schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sous Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- Culinary: 2 years (Preferred)
- technical school or equivalent experience. (Preferred)
- Food Safe (Required)
- Red Seal or equally certified (Required)