BELL PERSON - GUEST SERVICES ATTENDANT
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager (GSM)
BE PART OF MARRIOTT OTTAWA’S FUTURE
Marriott Hotels strive to elevate the art of hospitality, innovating at every opportunity while keeping the comfort of the oh-so-familiar all around the globe. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep the promise of “Wonderful Hospitality. Always.” by delivering thoughtful, heartfelt, forward-thinking service that upholds and builds upon this living legacy. With the name that’s synonymous with hospitality the world over, we are proud to welcome you to explore a career with Marriott Hotels.
Located one block south of Parliament in the heart of the Nation’s Capital, Marriott Ottawa has been a long-time icon of hospitality for our Guests. With 489 Guestrooms, 36000 sqft of Event space, a 26th-floor Concierge Lounge, SPIN Kitchen & Bar, and a Starbucks, crowned by our rotating rooftop Summit venue, we are the tallest hotel in the City and second-largest hotel overall.
Marriott Ottawa is preparing to begin a transformative, top-to-bottom renovation of all guestrooms, event space, restaurants and public areas, commencing in 2023, positioning the hotel to continue its storied legacy of hospitality excellence.
Be where you can do your best work, Begin your purpose, Belong to an amazing global team, and Become the best version of you.
YOU’RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Are Caring
- Are a Storyteller
- Are Extraordinary
- Are Open Minded
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Greet all guests as first point of contact with the Hotel including unloading luggage and providing a warm welcome.
- Ensure that all guest inquiries are answered/ followed up including explaining property services and room features.
- Provide the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner by following Marriott Standards and Art of Hosting principles: Cues, Connections and Making it Brilliant!
- Understand and satisfy all guest requests.
- Be familiar with local area, events and places of interest with being able to provide directions when requested.
- Maintain front entrance area by directing vehicles and pedestrian traffic.
- Must be compliant with all Hotel Emergency Procedures.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
Education/Experience and skills
- Previous Bell Desk experience an asset
- Previous experience as Guest Service Agent preferred
- Previous customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages (English & French).
- Must be committed to task completion.
- Superior service excellence skills to exceed guest expectations.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the city and points of interest.
- Must be able to lift/carry at least 50lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license & impeccable driving record and must be able to drive both manual and automatic transmission.
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time
- Must be able to push and pull luggage carts and other equipment weighing up to 250lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays based on seniority/availability.
- Must be available for weekend shifts.
About the Ottawa Marriott Hotel
Experience modern style and sincere service at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, centrally located in the heart of Canada’s capital city. Located right by the new Lyon transit station, our hotel is just steps away from the Rideau Shopping Centre, Shaw Centre, and ByWard Market.
Explore Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal, and the National Gallery of Canada, all within walking distance from our hotel. For those on business in Ottawa, ON, we offer 26 elegant event venues, including a revolving Summit space and a grand ballroom. Begin your day with a coffee at our on-site Starbucks® and end it with delicious American fare and a cocktail at "Spin" Kitchen & Bar
What we offer
- Positive respectful culture
- Marriott Worldwide Travel perks and benefits
- On-site fitness facility
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Rewards and Recognition
- Growth Opportunities
- Chance to work with some amazing people!
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in
all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: From $16.61 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you up-to-date and familiar with the Ottawa downtown area and events?
- This role is located in downtown Ottawa and may require evening, day, weekend and holiday availability. Will this be an issue?
- As part of this role you must be able to lift/carry at least 50lbs; be able to stand for extended period of time; and be able to push and pull luggage carts and other equipment weighing up to 250lbs.
Will this be an issue?
- What is your availability?
- Customer service: 3 years (preferred)
- English and French? (preferred)
- driver’s license and clean driving record. (preferred)
Work Location: In person