Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Office Assistant, Facilities & Administration
Purpose of Job
The An Office Assistant provides administrative support to all departments within the company, while maintaining the office environment by stocking inventory, floor maintenance and various tasks set out. Using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company
- (25%) On a daily basis, the incumbent will assist the Facilities Coordinator with toner replacement for office(s). Also ensure paper is always stocked on all floors and meeting rooms are tidy. The incumbent will assist with the stocking of all kitchens and stock rooms in office(s), reporting orders when needed.
- (25%) On a daily basis, the incumbent will perform tasks under the direction of the Office and Facilities Manager and/or according to a project plan in a way such that the timeline of the project is observed and the requirements of the task are satisfied.
- (20%) On a weekly basis, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting facilities coordinator with the intra-office moves and swing space. Assisting IT and the Facilities Coordinator with moving PC’s and phones set-up. Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants.
- (20%) On a weekly basis, the incumbent will stock all kitchens and stock rooms for both head office and swing space, reporting orders needed.
- (10%) On a daily basis, the incumbent will handle back up to company end of day banking. As well handle back up for mail distribution.
- This is an entry level position
- The ideal candidate must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (primarily Excel)
- Established organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Good time management skills
- Highly organized with business maturity, discretion, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to follow directions
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.