Job Posting #:
Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Mental Health - CAPS
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Rate of Pay:
$23.78 - $24.75
Joseph Brant Hospital is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers for five consecutive years in a row. Our vision is compassionate care and exemplary service - every time. Our Mental Health Department is seeking a Regular Full Time Clerk III who shares this vision.
Internal employees must apply by midnight on August 19, 2020.
- Clerical activities as assigned (photocopying, faxing, maintenance orders, etc.)
- Support to multiple Psychiatrist's Clinics and Clinicians (scheduling appointments, maintaining charts, requisitioning lab results, etc.)
- Screening and triaging client/community calls appropriately
- Client registration, Meditech and CRMS data entry/reconciliation
- Create/maintain statistical data bases, graphs in Excel (referrals, discharges, intake, active caseloads, waiting lists, etc.)
- Facilitate the orderly flow of patients and visitors into and out of Community Mental Health
- General typing as assigned (letters, memos, tables, etc.)
- Assist with departmental projects, audits, presentations, educational events
- Create flyers, brochures, pamphlets, etc., using PowerPoint and Publisher
- Book rooms for various committees, councils, departmental meetings
- Medical Office Administration Diploma or equivalent required; knowledge gained through past experience in a clerical role
- Medical terminology certificate or equivalent required
- Demonstrated typing skills of 40 wpm (testing will be conducted)
- Demonstrated computer experience utilizing Microsoft Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher; including Clinical Connects (testing may be conducted and only those achieving proficiency level in all areas will proceed to the interview stage)
- Proficient in Meditech System
- Knowledge of MIS and CDS Mental Health reporting requirements to the Ministry
- Demonstrated excellent telephone manner and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills with clients, families and community stakeholders; maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with CRMS software or a willingness to learn
- Must have comfort level in potentially volatile environment (CPI training will be required)
- Must be able to function as an integral part of the team as well as independently
- Strong time management skills to meet competing priorities and deadlines, organizational and decision making abilities combined with strong judgment and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, availability and performance required
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly because regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.