THE OPPORTUNITY: Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Technician (Red Seal) is responsible for providing quality workmanship in the repair of our equipment as well as providing consistent service and technical knowledge to troubleshooting challenges on our equipment. Additionally Answer Trailer is promoting the growth of our commercial truck repair services and require an experienced truck repair technician.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair and perform electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical maintenance and trouble-shooting on various truck and trailer equipment.
- Majority of work will be focused on truck repair.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Maintain shop tools as required.
- Complete work orders and parts tracking.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufactures specifications.
- Communicates with Shop Foremen for repair and work duty changes, communicates with parts clerk as required for parts ordering and inventory control.
- Journeyman Red Seal designation, minimum of 2 years experience
- Licensed to conduct CVIP inspections beneficial but not required
- Positive attitude and team player
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving ability
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in house programs
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform physically demanding duties
- Concerned with safety and aware of safe working procedures and OH&S requirements
- Familiar with tools of the trade and personally equipped with an adequate supply of hand tools
SHIFT: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, or optional 10 hour work shift on rotation schedule.
Competitive compensation packages
Group benefits including health (drug card), dental, vision
Optional RRSP contribution matching after one year.
Answer Truck & Trailer Repair would like to thank all who have applied for this position, only those who are being considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- will be considered: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Heavy Duty Technician (Required)