1. About us: MWI has provided the best IT solutions and support for over 15 years. Our services include IT Strategy Formulation, Project Management, Technical Audits, Infrastructure Design and Implementation, Legacy System Migration, IT Security Assessment and Design, System Administration, Hardware and Software Installation Services, Hardware Supply, Maintenance and Support, Secure Data Center Hosting, Server Consolidation and Application Integration.
MWI works with multiple hardware vendors to find the best products for our clients. Solutions are carefully selected to match customer needs. We offer a secure, automated and off-site backup service that uses an internet connection to send data to our facility. Additionally, out hosting services range from hosting the most simple website to fully managed servers hosting custom applications.
2. Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Flexibility to work: main hours are Mon-Fri 9-5 – work from home and on client sites
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Responding to IT tickets, emails and requests
- Documentation of processes, troubleshooting and topology
- Providing technical support on-site or via phone or email
- Identifying trends and opportunities for improvement as well as provide ongoing feedback
- Ensuring accurate and detailed problem documentation/ticketing
- Performing analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems for a variety of end users
3. Qualifications / Requirements
- Graduate from a college or University with a Computer Hardware and Software based course
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong customer service and spoken/written English skills
- Basic networking – IP addresses, subnet masks, DHCP, DNS, FTP, VPN, RDP, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, Exchange Server
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop OS (mainly 7 Pro and 10 Pro)
- Knowledge of office productivity software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of Virus and Spyware removal techniques
- Knowledge of cloud services (Office 365, etc)
4. Not Mandatory, but nice to have
- Driver’s license (G2/G full) and vehicle
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Adobe, AutoDesk and Microsoft products knowledge
- Background in customer service/user support
5. Things we look out for
- can speak, read and write English well; understands the importance of using correct grammar and spelling when communicating with clients
- attention to detail (especially when following how to docs)
- updates documentation as needed (inventory sheets, password sheets, etc.)
- keeps reports updated with accurate information and correct spelling of users assisted using Customer Reporting Tools / Ticketing System
- communicates with users about progress with regards to ongoing issues
- provides feedback to primary tech about improving documentation (i.e. if a how to document could include more details or if something doesn’t make sense)
- asks for assistance from primary tech when needed
- understands that they are the face of the company at client sites and thus doesn’t communicate with client management unless certain of what they are communicating
- leaves shared spaces (tech desks) in tidy condition at the end of the site visit
- understands the importance of privacy (logs out accounts on shared computers)
- when using shared equipment, puts it back where they got it from
Compensation commensurate with abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)