At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Your role :
The Head Cashier manages all checkout functions by processing sales transactions and refunds, monitoring cash drawer amounts, and maintaining checkout area. Also oversees coverage of registers and store supply usage, performs opening procedures, and provides excellent customer service by assisting customers and addressing issues.
The qualifications we are looking for :
- 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information;
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- 1 year retail experience as a cashier Preferred;
- 1 year experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, protection plans, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits;
- 1 year retail experience;
- 1 year experience as a head cashier;
- 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail store;
- 1 year supervisory experience in any field, including directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching employees;
- 6 months retail experience detecting common signs of shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers, merchandise under carts, price labels switched);
- Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week.
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Head Cashier/Front End Supervisor Position for East Gwillimbury location only. Applicants outside Canada will not be considered., Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you are applying through Indeed, please follow this link, otherwise, use the Apply button below. [Click Here To Request an Interview](https://lowescanadahiring.ca/) Virtual interview options are available.