Description of responsibilities
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change/late check-out requests.
- Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys.
- Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions. Verify/adjust billing for guests.
- Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for an available room.
- Clear departures in computer system. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns.
- File guest paperwork or documentation in day files.
- Operate telephone switchboard station and reply all front desk emails.
- Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports. Run AD and make sure all charges posted to AR is correct.
- Supply guests with directions and information. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns; follow up to ensure each has been met to guests' satisfaction.
- Arrange transportation for guests/visitors.
- Count and secure cash at beginning and end of shift.
- Cash guests' checks, process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges, no show and provide change.
- Notify Management of any reports of theft or fraudulent activities. Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees.
- Comply with quality assurance standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Knows the location, types of available rooms and rate as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Need to follow AM and PM check list
If required need to drive shuttle
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 24 - 40 per week
Salary: $15.50-$16.50 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person