Full Time, Permanent
As soon as possible
Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians (2232)
NOC Job Title:
Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Expires in 29 days
1634 Kebet Way
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
V3C 5W9, Canada
Wesgar Inc. is a premier supplier of precision sheet metal components and value added services to customers throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Wesgar prides itself on the workplace environment that it has fostered.
At Wesgar, we believe our employees are the key component to producing quality products which in turn allows us to offer our customers with complete solutions. As a result, Wesgar Inc. provides employees with a great working environment, great benefit packages, training programs and opportunities for growth.
An opportunity to join our growing team has become available and we are currently seeking an experienced, professional and capable Programmer.
Duties and responsibilities:
Skills and Attributes:
- Interpret customer drawings, blueprints and work instructions
- Create parts, assemblies, and drawings using SolidWorks
- Use NC Express software to create NC programs for Finn-Power turret punch presses
- Use TOPS Laser software to create NC programs for Trumpf laser cutting machine
- Use TOPS Bend software to create NC programs for Trumpf press brakes
- Able to follow instructions both written and verbal
- Strategic thinking to develop optimum workflows
- Good problem-solving and blueprint reading skills
- Adept at understanding sheet metal manufacturing
- Great attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Able to interact positively with others
- Can works independently with limited supervision, but knows when to ask questions
- Good decision-making skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, in a similar industry is an asset
- Good experience of SolidWorks, or other 3D programming software, and NC Programming
In return, we provide employees with a great working environment, great benefit packages, training programs and opportunities for growth.
If you are interested in applying for this position and have the necessary experience and qualifications, please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Dec 30, 2021