· Operate the packaging line and assist with any required trouble-shooting or maintenance activities as needed.
· Assist production team with any finished product related issues as necessary.
· Observe and maintain all health and safety related policies and procedures.
· Work in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
· Obey rules, policies, procedures, instructions, regulations, and signs
· Report immediately any incident, condition or practice which may or has pose a risk to people, equipment, property, materials or the facility to your supervisor
· Wear approved personal protective equipment as directed
· Use proper lifting techniques when manual material handling is required
· Operate / Use equipment only if assigned, trained and you have found through pre-use inspection that the equipment is defect free and safety devices / guards are in place and effective.
· Stay clear of overhead loads
· Protect yourself and fellow employees by keeping work areas and grounds tidy at all times
· Store chemicals in safe containers and with properly identification
· Attend training and implement techniques / knowledge on the job. Seek clarification as required.
· Other related duties as assigned.
- You must have a post secondary education
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience, including certification and experience in the operation of a tow motor
- DCS experience is an asset
Reporting to the Packaging Coordinator the job holder ensures the packaging of the produced volumes and the shipment of defect-free products to our customers while working in a safe manner. Ensuring established volumes of quality products are packaged and ready to ship to our customers and contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a safe workplace will contribute to the success of the company.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Disability insurance
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.04 to $22.51 /hour
- Forklift operator: 2 years (Required)
- packaging line operator : 2 years (Required)