**** CONTRACT MAY TURN INTO FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION ****
The person in this position will be able to work in most or all areas of the kitchen under some supervision. Strengths must be shown in prep work, short order cooking, cold item/buffet work, and organization. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and independence. High standards for quality control and food presentation are necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with Chef upon arrival about daily features, events, theme nights, mise-en-place needed to be prepared.
- Verify with Chef of any duties needed done in priority
- Contribute to creating new dishes and new ideas
- Set up stations with necessary mise-en-place as discussed with the Chef.
- Ensure all specs are adhered to, presentation as per photos and ensure that all meals are prepared and served with the highest standards.
- Responsible to inform Chef of items not available or questionable.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of his/her station, fridges and overall cleanliness of entire kitchen.
- Responsible to communicate with Chef any maintenance problems or equipment deficiencies.
- Use variety of equipment including steamer, deep fryer, stove, barbecue, grill, mixers, food processors and dishwasher.
- Receive orders and store in the proper fridges, freezers and storage rooms.
- When working behind a buffet, food knowledge, ingredient knowledge and food preparation must be known.
- Communicate with other shift members constantly to ensure items needed are prepared, good food rotation is practiced, and that mise-en-place is kept to a minimum
- Ensure all equipment is sanitized and cleaned regularly.
- Ensure all equipment is turned off, cleaned, sanitized and locked at the end of each shift
- Adhere to all proper food safety practices
- Perform other functions as requested by the Chef
Health & Safety
All employees have a responsibility to ensure that the club is a healthy and safe environment.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations and the Club’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the club.
- Report to your manager/supervisor any known equipment or protective device that may be dangerous, missing, or defective.
- Report any known workplace hazard or violation of the Act or regulations to your manager/supervisor.
- Report all accidents, illness, or “near miss” incidents to your manager/supervisor immediately.
- Do not remove or disable any protective device.
- Handle hazardous substances according to the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System regulations
- Work safely and not use or operate any equipment in a way that may endanger any worker.
- Do not engage in any prank, contest, feat of strength, running or rough and boisterous conducts which may jeopardize their safety or the safety and well being of others.
- Work in compliance with the OHSA, specifically section 28.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Cooking experience is required.
- Hold a current Food Handler’s Certificate
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and all major holidays.
- Ability to cope with extreme pressure.
- Pleasant, mannerly, friendly and outgoing attitude.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift approx. 35-40 lbs.
Contract length: 5 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
masks are mandatory, covid screening, closed to public (members and guests only).
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)