Shanahan’s McGregor and Thompson is Western Canada’s largest supplier of Access Control products, hollow metal doors and frames, wood doors, specialty doors and the associated hardware, as well as sheet steel products such as lockers, washroom partitions and accessories and wood doors. Our client base is commercial and industrial building projects and renovations.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Representative – Finish/Architectural Hardware - for our Vancouver market area.
Reporting to the Branch Manager and working from your home office, you will be responsible for business development within your assigned territory.
- Actively pursue business opportunities by identifying new clientele within your territory
- Cultivate industry contacts and develop networks to proactively identify opportunities for business development
- Keep on top of industry trends and market opportunities
- Work in cooperation with company stakeholders to ensure excellence in client experience
- 2-5 years’ business development experience within the building construction or similar industry
- Familiarity with the commercial building construction players in the Vancouver markets
- Proven ability to perform the business development role up and including closing sales
- Outgoing personality, good organizational skills, proven communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Door and Finish hardware industry experience
- Secondary education related to sales/marketing
We offer competitive salary, good commission structure, a comprehensive benefits package, RRSP matching and an amazing opportunity for growth and development.
We would like to thank you in advance for your interest and would like to note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Building Construction Bus. Development: 3 years (Required)