NOTICE OF POSTING
For Sessional Faculty
The Department of Kinesiology invites applications for the following teaching position to be offered in the 2021 spring session.
Dr. Audrey Hicks, Acting Associate Chair Undergraduate Studies (email@example.com)
Kinesiol 1A03 / Kinesiol 2Y03 – Anatomy & Physiology I
Number of Section(s) Available:
Number of Units per Section:
Location (on/off campus):
McMaster Central Campus – on-line/virtual delivery
Projected TA Support:
Start Time and Duration:
Lectures: Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30 am – 12:20 pm
Thursdays (1 hour X 6): 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 & 3:30
$7,630.55 for 3 units
Course Description/Relevant Employment Duties:
An introduction to basic human embryology and tissue development and examination of the anatomy and physiology of the nervous, articular, skeletal and muscular systems.
PhD (preferred) in Kinesiology or related discipline with foundational knowledge in human anatomy and physiology. The current course instructor will make available all course materials (e.g., lecture notes, presentation slides, etc.) should the candidate wish to refer to them.
Previous experience in the instruction of similar course material.
McMaster University is located on the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee and Mississauga Nations and, within the land protected by the “Dish With One Spoon” wampum agreement. In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity. The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and LGBTQ+ persons.
Application Procedure:Please submit the following:
- Supplemented Fees- 15.02(a) The employee may be eligible to receive supplemented fees in accordance with Schedule C of the Collective Agreement. The actual rate of pay when in excess of the base rate of pay is deemed to include any supplemented fees owing, to the extent of the excess amount. If the actual rate of pay is less than the sum of the base rate of pay and the supplemented fees owing, then the employee shall receive the difference.
1. A cover letter stating your intent to apply for the position (including your address, phone number, and email address) and emphasizing your experience with the material to be taught.
2. A resume listing your academic qualifications and relevant employment experience.
3. Information necessary to determine your current and aggregate seniority (as defined by Article 20 of the Unit 2 Collective Agreement). www.cupe3906.org/unit-2-seniority-information/
4. Names and contact information of two references. Applicants will not be required to submit reference letters as part of their application.
Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Services Centre at 905-525-9140 ext. 222-HR (22247) or Nina Bovair at ext. 23850 to communicate accommodation nee
How To Apply
To apply for this job, Email your application to Dr. Audrey Hicks, Acting Associate Chair Undergraduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org)